Anyone have any luck with dash cams? Read in a few places a sports cam like go pro might be better because of image stabilization.
You can try the DDPAI brand; it has a good reputation.
So I bought a "360° Bird's Eye" camera for my pickup from Weivision on scAmazon. There is some complexity installing the cameras, since (on the pickup) I had to remove the mirrors etc. It will record to USB drive, though the output format is a bit odd - - all four cameras tiled in one video heavily fish-eyed. I bought one for my CAT 305.5E2, but I have not had time to installe it yet. I plan to write it up here once I get it installed. To order the one I got, I had to contact Lucy Pi ( [email protected] ) and order a "BDV16" with 4x "Camera 01". I have a good size 10.5" HDMI monitor that I will install on some kind of a pivot mount. Anyway, I think that will give a good size 360°-top-down view of the excavator for better awareness. Here is a demo (car) video. Of the system: Not a rep or anything, I just think it's pretty cool and I think it will be useful.
Battery life is **** on the go pro, there is another thread hear about dash cams I have been using ones since 2012 I just installed one in my mini ex for documentating the day and for liability purposes, I will add another to my CTL for the same reasons HeavyEquipmentForums