My drivers told me the dash lights are flickering on my '97 Mack Dump Truck CH 600. My wiring info is a bit tattered and torn, can someone offer some suggestions as to where to start looking for the problem? Also, where might I find a diagram for the wiring? I've looked online but haven't had any luck. I feel like it's in the wiring but not sure. I don't normally drive this truck so don't have much information as to how when the flickering starts or how many times they flicker. It seems they flicker and then go off, this is what my drivers have told me. I appreciate any help!
I would start with battery connections, followed by all ground connections (cables to starter, starter to engine, engine to frame, etc.). Will be a terrible PIA but its best place to start. After that, light switch and instrument dimmer switch if it has one. Likely it's the dimmer but you can't really start there.
I would start by bypassing the dimmer if none of the other lights are flickering. Also check grounding source of instrument panel. Good luck!