Good day to all I am currently working on a Sterling/Vactor 2100 series vacuum truck with a cummins engine and cant seem to get the remote throttle to work I am hoping that you guys may be able to help.... i am able to throttle up via the steering controls but cant find anything (switch)to disable from the steering and enable the remote control...i have obtained all the relevant wiring diagrams and verified the wiring... there is a mode button with an LCD display next to the gear shifter does this have anything to do with the remote throttle?
Welcome, jumper, to Heavy Equipment Forums. I've moved your thread here, because it sounds mostly like a question related to the truck itself. The "Support" forum is mainly a place for questions about how to best use this site itself. Hopefully somebody can help you out here.
ok thanks
What brand remote? I run blower trucks, not vac, but same systems. I've had same problem on our FL80 freightliner. We could throttle up at the cruise on dash but not the remote. Any other details you can share would help?
I'm reading that you can also increase pump/rpm with steering wheel cruise but not remote? Simple things like: batteries charged, antenna missing, is the receiver unit reading the presence of a remote?
the truck was vandalized and i was able to replace all the missing parts...i have used the wiring diagrams and re-connected all the relevant wires, relays etc...i have gotten everything else fully functional except for the throttle i got a guy with the cummins software to enable the remote throttle and still nothing there is a hose reel at the front bumper which has two control boxes on either side of it for you to operate the boom(vacuum), turn the rodder pump on/off and then there's the throttle controller(a rheostat) to increase/decrease rpm as needed.
Get the vactor wiring diagrams the vactor serial number should be on or near the data plate for the tank or the hydraulic valve bank that will give them the build sheet for the unit and get the right wiring diagram email [email protected] Or Mike Kohn [email protected] he is the big dog there he will get you hooked up with the right guys to help you out. Tell him Vern @ mac & mac told you to email him Good luck