Hi all. I am seeking what ever information I can find on a David Brown / JI Case/Tenneco Backhoe On the boom i have the following info Type ADD 1 Serial number 12011 I have hopefully attached a picture to this post Many thanks John
help us out and post a pic of the whole unit please.
Whoops...That would help doh.! I may have a better one to upload.. I will have to find it.
Now what do you want to know? It would appear to be a late 70's model.
"Hi I am seeking infomation of any kind on a David Brown Backhoe. On the boom it has the folling info Model ADD1 Serial 120221 ? Case IH This is a backhoe that can be removed and is attached to the tractor with two long box section arms and the lower two points on the 3 point linkage. The Hydraulics pump is driven from the PTO and the backhoe has its oil tank." If the lads on the DBTC cant help you really are setting us a challenge
I thought I'd ask around on a few forums and see what info i got back. On the boom there is an additional pin hole, is this to allow the hydraulic arm to be moved further back to allow the boom to move further? What other attachments (if any) other than buckets can be attached. Is there a min speed/rpm the PTO needs to spin in order to produce the correct amount of fluid flow (if that makes sense) Basically im after what ever info people know. The weight of the unit would also be good. We guessed at 1/2 - 3/4 Tonne. Thanks.
You would be very close with the estimate of the weight,I don't recall any other attachments for these apart from a blade,F W McConnel was the only one who made a dual purpose machine with a flail head for hedgetrimming being available. As for the pto speed well they are " rated for" 540rpm but to be honest only run them at a speed that you are comfortable to operate it at,For their time they were better than a shovel and I would not recommend pricing a muck shift with it,if you have any reasonably hard digging then a 3ton mini will out dig that and may more of its relations,O! they are not recommended for tractors with cabs,more than one man lost his head to them . the second hole was to allow drains to be cleaned ie allows a deeper depth but not a lot of height .