Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

david brown tractors

cat 385 ยท 2009-04-12 13:07

anybody here have one?i spent a lot of time when i was a kid on a 990 and 1210 david brown tractors also wore out the left fender on the 1210 riding around with grandpa in the field,ha,ha i would love to restore a 990 one day:drinkup

Replies7
  1. #1cat 3852009-04-12 13:33

    this one picterd here looks like the one we had was i was young

  2. #2backhoe12009-04-12 22:53

    we have a 990, use it to pull a land leveler mostly. good tractor.

  3. #3TractorAU2009-04-15 08:13

    I have a 990, its a good old tractor. Some have problems the wet liners leaking though.

  4. #4SterlingR2009-04-15 19:03

    We have two 990's.

  5. #5Burnout2009-04-16 15:11

    We have a DB 990 sitting in the shed back home. I was told its one of the last red DB's to hit the area. It's a clumsy tractor to get onto for me, but once your there its the most comfortable old little tractor to run. I love the old 990. She has an old loader frame on her, when I was young the loader had a trip bucket but now.... nothing. I have been wanting to pull that stupid frame off for years... but no dice. As of yet

  6. #6Johnny English2009-04-16 17:35

    I seem to recall that David Browns originated in Lincolnshire, England just down the road from us, Don't know how right that is though. We have loads around us, just been to look a some work at a blokes farm today and he has the biggest collection of david browns in the country and runs the david brown owners club in the UK.

  7. #7cat 3852009-04-16 18:02

    very nice,keep em coming