Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

David’s hands

CEwriter ยท 2008-03-09 04:27

When I studied Western Civilization in high school, I remember looking at pictures of Michelangelo's statue of David and thinking it was one of the most amazing pieces of art I'd ever seen. They have a life-size, 9-ton replica of the statue here at Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas, carved from marble from the same source as the original. Now that I've seen it in person, I just can't get over the freakishly outsized hands and feet. Like scoop shovels, they are. I assume it is true to how Michelangelo rendered David in this pensive moment before facing Goliath armed only with a rock and the sling over his shoulder. But I suppose the guy who did the reproduction could have just had a fettish. L

Replies6
  1. #1tuney4432008-03-09 12:53

    Well,you know why women love seeing big feet on a man don't you? So how big was his manhood? I remember this statue but I didn't take my memory pill this morning.

  2. #2CM19952008-03-09 13:49

    I have been fortunate enough to see the original in Florence. It is quite a sculpture to say the least. Some interesting reading on the subject http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_(Michelangelo)

  3. #3CEwriter2008-03-09 22:30

    Proportional.

  4. #4Buckethead2008-03-12 17:23

    What?????

  5. #5Colin Doy2008-03-12 18:03

    You mean the one in Vegas isn't the original??

  6. #6tuney4432008-03-13 08:39

    What,what?---I thought I was writing to an English speaking audience.