Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Davis T70 Trencher on Case 580 CK Tractor

LWOM75 ยท 2024-08-27 18:10

I bought a Davis trencher Model T70 3001 mounted to the PTO on a Case 580 CK tractor with a small blade on the front. According to the serial number the machine was built in 1970 in Wichita, Kansas. How do you tell the year from the serial number, I'm getting mixed information. The diesel engine runs great and the trencher chain is in really great shape for it's age. From pictures I can find, it is looks like what Davis sold as a Roadrunner but not sure. Mine doesn't have a ROPS cage on it but it looks like it has the same mechanical shift transmission lever for what I think is low and high to the left of the gear shift. Has anyone ever seen any of these anywhere or have any idea about the controls. I have played around with it a couple of times and have figured out what most of the levers do but there is a by-pass valve on the right side that I'm not sure what it's for. Any help on operation controls would be great and fluid type would also help. I would really like to use it on a project but don't want to tear it up either.

Replies0

No replies yet.