Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dc3 steering brake adjust

Al B ยท 2025-10-03 14:06

My friend has a Cat DC3 with steering difficulty. The left clutch releases, but the brake doesn't lock. I offered to help adjust it. Where is the best access to the left brake adjustment?

Replies5
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-10-03 14:19

    There is a little cover with two bolts by where the rod from the brake pedal attaches to leaver on top of rear cover remove little cover tighten it down till it gets snug note it will actually click on every flat then back it out around 12 clicks then adj to you get 3 inches of free play on the pedal ps it takes a 9/16 socket

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-10-03 17:08

    There is a fool proof way to adjust the brakes/clutches. Look in the archives on here.

  3. #3Al B2025-10-03 19:26

    Thank you. All I could find on You-tube was the whole back and floor removed. I was sure it would be easier than that

  4. #4Al B2025-10-03 19:27

    Thank you. All I could find on You-tube was the whole back and floor removed. I was sure it would be easier than that

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-10-03 19:42

    I found the post I made to adjust dry brakes. I think wet brakes would be similar but you have to be real careful not to have wet brake bands too tight. They will wear will wear into the drums. HeavyEquipmentForums