Does anyone know anything about this test module? It says for ddec2 but why wouldnt it work on a ddec 3 or 4? Are they worth the money or can i wire up what i need to run an engine way cheaper than this tool? I sure hate to pay what they are asking as ddec2 is obsolete and getting rarer by the day. No new ecms are being built and old ones are non rebuildable as there are parts in them that are out or production!
https://ddcsn-ddc.freightliner.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ddcsn/18SP546Rev.pdf This might help you upgrade
Hey thats good information! I may have to go the conversion route at some point as ddec 2 ecms get harder and harder to come by. I kinda want to avoid it if at all possible! Its just big $$$$$$ Still like to know if this box will work on a ddec 3 or 4. I dont see the use in paying that much money if its only usable on a 2 and at some point it will become useless as the ddec 2 supply goes away!
No it won't, way more sensors to test on the DDEC III, here take look at this picture. I personally don't know but in my "opinion" this looks like the break out boxes they used in Ford EEC units before the OBDII to read voltages between sensors and the ECM if not careful you could nuke the ECM. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore...roit-Test-unit-/223153054766?oid=273110491632
No its not a break out box. A break out box has test points tou use in conjunction with a multimeter. This unit can run an engine and bypass the truck factory wiring harness. That way you can tell if you have an ecm issue or a truck wiring harness issue. Also you can use it to test run an engine on a stand or dyno.