Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dead blow hammers hurt !!!

partsandservice ยท 2012-01-12 09:21

The piece of hammer came off and hit me sqare in the mouth. No major injuries, but there was some cursing. I guess the plastic gets hard over time. The hammer was sold through Mac tools. I'll be wary of old dead blows from now on.

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2012-01-12 18:17

    I have had four of my mac's changed out in the last year, they started breaking down, mostly the handles, the mac man replaced all without even a word, and now there all orange instead of the black, they have been around since the 80's so i can't complain, they have outlived at least six mac dealers. Glad your ok !

  2. #2equip guy2012-01-12 21:48

    gives a new meaning to the "BLOW" word ehh?

  3. #3hootsmcgoots2012-01-14 18:29

    I used my snap on deadblow one morning when it was about 0 outside and it exploded like it was made of glass, handle and all. I try to get older ones in decent shape at fleamarkets and such because they're not made the same nowadays.