Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dead Case TR270

rkenyon123 · 2025-06-13 21:04

My Case 2016 TR270 has an apparent electrical issue won't start and to address the problem I need to move the machine back about 25 feet. It is the worse possible position....I can't tilt the cab or access the side battery cover. If I just drag back with a bigger machine the 25 feet (on gravel surface) will it damage anything?

Replies4
  1. #192U 34062025-06-13 21:21

    If you've got something with forks can you pick it up? If the wheels don't rotate while you drag it I can't really see it hurting anything.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-06-14 07:57

    Crappy kids sleds, have helped me drag heavy stuff before. Not familiar with Case TR’s, do they have a lap bar that applies pins through sprockets for a brake? If so put the lap bar down. If not try and find what will release the brakes.

  3. #3rkenyon1232025-06-14 08:29

    It has tracks. My Kubota skid loader has enough power to drag it but I am worried about damaging the TR270. Thanks for the reply!

  4. #4KSSS2025-06-16 19:49

    If its on gravel I wouldn't worry about it, if its on concrete or asphalt, i would spread sand or small gravel over the 25' path.