Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mouse in PT100 Turbo hose. How remove it?

L3akaL3 ยท 2025-06-09 01:12

I was doing some work on my 09 PT100 firewall that took a few days so I had the air cleaner off all week. When done, I needed to raise the cab so started it real quick to raise and lock the arms. Got done with everything tonight and figured after a week, I better check and make sure a mouse didn't get in the turbo just in case. Put my borescope down the inlet hose and sure enough, one did but apparently it was before I started it a couple days ago. I have shredded mouse down in there. How do you get to the clamp that holds the big S air inlet hose on the turbo. I can't even see the clamp. I looked from the bottom and top and can't see a thing. Surely I don't have to take the turbo off and pre install it! I don't think I can get a shop vac hose down in there far enough to suck the mouse out but I was considering trying. It looks like it's glued to the side of the hose. Any help, suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-09 07:41

    I would leave it.

  2. #2L3akaL32025-06-09 07:59

    I'm worried the bones could get sucked into the turbo, valves, piston rings etc.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-06-09 08:10

    Meh, Turbos eat mice pretty well, is there anyway to get a high pressure hose down there and blow it back out? What about one of those flexible grabbers? https://www.amazon.com/BILITOOLS-Flexible-Magnetic-Grabber-Bendable/dp/B0BWHH77CN/ref=asc_df_B0BWHH77CN?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80127097346783&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726562198669&psc=1

  4. #4Georgia Iron2025-06-09 11:53

    Use a shop vac if you can.

  5. #5Simon C2025-06-11 22:45

    Shop vac with a smaller hose attached to it that can go down the pipe. I use mine with some 1 inch clear hose taped on with duct tape. Simon C