I dug these up for Deas. I was wondering if anybody might recognise the Make/model.
Got me on the dozer, really doesn't resemble an American brand that I've ever seen. The piece behind it looks maybe like an International or Farmall, or maybe a Huber or Huber Warco. Lets see, Schram made a few compressor tractors that resembled it too.
You are correct in that its not American.
Must be the new Holden sports car then, convertible edition.
Heya!..whtazza Matta with a yousa??...yoouse gunna be ina BBiiiGGG Trouble wenna Boss man eears yousa a calla hisa tractor uza Holdena.. Capice!
:lmao at Squizzy's "Al Capone" impersonation. :drinkup
Ok here's another clue
Well i mean Fiat made construction equipment in the old days. (before the allis came around) And i didn't look it up in Google.
Isat one of them Alfalfa Romeo's? :Cowboy It must go purdy fast..
No more takers??..Ok I haven't had a chance to research this maker but here is the plate:
So, which is it it squizzy, a Fiat with an Alpha motor, or a plain Alpha Romero? My Italian isn't so good these days, eyes are going bad you know.... If I'm seeing that tag right, it was made in September 1941. Would that be correct? The fuel injection system looks very modern. Italian machinery was never a very good seller here in the states, still isn't. After Fiat bought into AC, then ran the company completely into the ground, they weren't too popular around Milwaukee.
Its an Ansaldo Fossati TA 70...all 70 Hp of it with the Alfa Romeo engine. I know they built tanks during the war.
squizzy, do you get down to the The Azelia Ley Homestead Museum and the Old Wagon House very often?
OK, try this for Italian tanks; http://translate.google.com/transla...ev=/search?q=Ansaldo+Fossati+TA+70&hl=en&sa=G
Its school holidays here Joe so we are down there a bit. You are obviously well informed??
I'm a natural born detective around equipment squizzy. I used my magnifying glass on the sign-board in front of the dozer, I knew you were down under, I googled the city, looked for tourist attractions, and there it was. I never got over to WA, it looks a bit nice. Might still make it one of these days if I live long enough, or finally get so tired of democrats here that I immigrate.
Here's a job opening for you squizzy. ============================================= Hello surfer-joe Thank you for your enquiry. We do not have any additional information available at the moment. There is some work being done to develop 'background' information on each piece of equipment over the next twelve months. If you have a specific item(s) that you are interested in obtaining further information on please send me the details and we can check to see if we can assist. Kind regards Logan Logan K Howlett Secretary Historical Society of Cockburn Inc.
Lol, Joe, If I had Jeff's machinery I could change my business name from Cockburn Stoneworks to Cockburn Historical Machinery They actually have a very good display of smaller equipment in a shed right next to those machines....even an old fire truck. I love this old machinery. You have to respect the people that operated it in all sorts of conditions...and much more trying times than we now live.
Thanks For the Thought, Squizzy. Hi, Squizzy. Thanks for the thought and the photos, Mate. I picked it as soon as I saw the first photo. They made 3 models that I know of, the TCA60, the TCA70 and the AF8. I have yet to see any of them 'in the flesh'. Thanks again.
Deas, Did you ever speak to someone who actually operated one of these Italian Stallions??...I was wondering what they were like. My Dad ran all manner of the early Cat crawlers and we had some Italian neighbours who had an Ansaldo. I think it ran up until the late 70's. I'm pretty sure I could locate a couple down the SW.
Ansaldos. Hi, Squizzy. Amongst all the people that I have met or corresponded with in all the years that I have been in this game, there has been exactly one, repeat O-N-E, who had actually run any of the Ansaldos. From what I remember of his reports, the machines he operated were a bit like the larger IH's of the time, worked well - - - while they were working - - - but gave some final drive trouble. I gathered that spare parts were also a problem here in DownUnder. If you can come up with any more photos, they would be appreciated as I know a French author who writes about vintage earthmoving machinery and who would likely be pleased to have them. I have to lift some frames from a video that I have here of a French ADN 130 crawler and send them to him. I will post those shots here too when I get it done.
Deas, those are the only pics I have at present but I have to trip southward to the farm to salvage a Southern Cross engine we used to run for irragation. I bought this book; http://www.ploughbooksales.com.au/010035.htm for my father but now the bug has bitten...those boys from Toowoomba even built locos. Anyway, I shall visit those Italian neighbours and see if I can get a pic...if they haven't sold out to the wineries.
Looks interesting. Hi, Squizzy. Looks interesting. Personally, I haven't caught that particular bug yet. I did however, lash out and buy all four Crawler Tractor Scrapbooks a while back. Worth every cent, at least for me.
hi ! does anyone have more information ??
More Alfapillar photos Hi, Alfapillar. Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in old machinery, there is a gentleman over your way whom you may be interested in meeting. His name is Frances Pierre and he researches and writes about them. I think I may have an e-mail address for him somewhere, assuming that it is still current, if you are interested. Here are a few more photos of Ansaldo tractors. One of their advertising points was that they had a 'Battleship hull style' main frame. As I understand it, this comprised the main frame and belly guards in one unit with access covers for service needs.
Hi Deas, I'm interested in all kind of machinery ! i supose that i wasn't born during this period ! and i have a lot of things to learn ! so any information would be helpful :drinkup
Howdy mate. I have a similar unit although no blade or other equipment. My TCA70 in good working order. I am at CLARE SOUTH AUSTRALIA. I would like to make contact with other owners of units such as mine to share information and ideas. I have all books for my unit-happy to share. I also have interests with Fiat 25c, 50c, crawler tractors and am looking to buy any Fiat 300 series or 400 series crawler tractors, and any David Brown crawlers. I would appreciate any contact with other owners of any of these units.
We Have one of these Ansaldo Fossati TCA-70 Trctors with Hydraulic Blade a very good tractor, The Alfa Romeo engine has 4 valves per cylinder, they are a dry sump and the oil pump is a little of a problem in an old tractor as it pumps the oil from the sump to a reservoir and a second part of this pump also sucks from the reservoir to oil the engine. The drive on the cam wears quicker than it should and on a cold morning with thick oil it folds over the worn out gear and on starting the engine no one notices that the oil pressure is not up so they sieze the engine. The horsepower would be 70 + heaps I have seen this little tractor out perform the 90 horsepower D6 cat by a mile. I do not think the back end is weak because at one stage when our old Cat D8 2U broke down we used our Ansaldo TCA-70 on one end of the cable and on the other end was a Vickers Vigor 220 horsepower dozer this machine was opened up.
Ansaldo Fossati TCA 70 My mate Dave and I (Bob) have one of these, configured as a dozer, on a farm in the Hunter valley. I have some photos but can't see how to attach them. We have just repaired a broken track drive ring gear and are still putting her back together. The ring gear is attached to the hub with 6 scotch keys that over time became worn and sheared. The ring gear slipped and climbed over the remains of the keys and split across a tooth valley. We had it welded closed but a crack test showed many other cracks in the making. Eventually we welded it to the hub... Bob
Some of them almost look like a Caterpillar from the side
Normally you need three posts to get past "probationary member" status, before you're allowed to post pics. The probationary thing is just an anti-spammer measure. Since you're obviously not here to spam the forum, I've promoted you to full member. You should be able to post pictures now. There's a tutorial on that in the support section, if you're not familiar with the procedure. And welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!
Hello 2manytractors, I am in about to buy a TCA 70 which I found in Europe. It is in a good condition. Any idea how much should I pay for? Thanks! Spymell
I have just bought a running AF8 and also rounding up a TCA 60 and 70 all gd rebuilders so any manuals or copies there of would be very usefull, I have photos I can email if someone can load for me
Mate i thought it would be still a bit wet up your way? i guess she will see action soon cleaning up/
yes with 950 mm it is wet so we wont be walking out 20ton dozers just yet, It will be interesting to hear it run , someone said it sounds like a merlin? , big 6 with 4 valves per cylinder
Send them down Chester ,And i will put them up for you .
OK Some Photos of Diggerdozers Machines .
And some more .
thankyou Ian so can anyone help with manauls ?
There is a Guy down near Bundy I met a while back .He had worked for the dealer of Alsondo and Turner tractors .He put the President of thje Bundy tractor club on to a couple of machines . Could drive to where he lives , but can't rember his name .