Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grader4me’s New Ride!

Squizzy246B ยท 2007-07-16 22:57

I like the Air Conditioning on this model. Anybody want to guess the Maker?

Replies40
  1. #1Countryboy2007-07-16 23:00

    Um......Noah......can't remember his last name. :beatsme Naw, couldn't tell ya. Does it still run or is it for show.

  2. #2surfer-joe2007-07-16 23:08

    If twere here in the states, I'd guess a Galion (1st choice) or an Adams. At least it has a ROPS!!......

  3. #3Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:11

    Sorry Joe...close...but no Cig...

  4. #4Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:13

    I believe the engine used to get fired up by the club at one stage but now its just for display. Everytime we go to this park my Boy just has to go have a look.

  5. #5Countryboy2007-07-16 23:16

    If only I had a picture for all the times, when younger, that I just had to be in the seat and holdin' the wheel. It might just use up all of HEF's bandwidth....

  6. #6Jeff D.2007-07-16 23:16

    I don't know grader's at all, but will guess anyways. I'm guessing an Austin Western. Why? Because it has a box-like looking housing between the front and rear wheels like Dwan's does. Maybe many other manufactures did too, I don't know, but that's why I guessed AW anyways. Or- it's an Allis Chalmers made in Australia under license for AC. Notice I guessed AC first......before CB did.

  7. #7digger242j2007-07-16 23:20

    I don't have a guess on the machine itself, but I can guess his answer to the "standing up or sitting down question."

  8. #8Countryboy2007-07-16 23:23

    I'm in the same boat as Jeff, know little about graders but I'll guess too. Allis Chalmers

  9. #9Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:24

    Oh these young fellas like to stand:

  10. #10Jeff D.2007-07-16 23:25

    I wonder if we'll get a shirt if we're right? I wanna HEF shirt damn-it!! on edit: (come on Squizzy, tell us if we got it yet:cool2 )

  11. #11Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:29

    CB wins the prize...its a frozen chicken...I'll put it in the mail today Actually this is an all Australian Built machine under license from AC. I will have to dig around to find the name of the firm that built these. This particular model was used here in WA...for, quite literally, pioneering survey tracks. The machine could make its way through the inland scrub faster and with less fuel than a dozer. Although bigger trees caused them to weave around it could make a semblance of a track that trucks could bring fuel out to the Dozers when clearing began in earnst.

  12. #12Countryboy2007-07-16 23:33

    WE GOT IT YET!!! If I hadn't used Google's vast resources, I never would of come close to getting it. :drinkup

  13. #13Jeff D.2007-07-16 23:37

    Uhh, go back and look at post#7!!:cool2

  14. #14surfer-joe2007-07-16 23:44

    I knew that. I don't know why it didn't come to me. I meant AC when I wrote Galion. The round tube frame is the key. AC had a video many years ago in which they extolled the sound engineering science and wisdom of using round tubing for grader frames. It was stronger and lasted longer and resisted torsional forces better and it was just "gee-whiz" stuff. I think a couple of other manufacturers tried it for a while, but of course it didn't pan out.

  15. #15Countryboy2007-07-16 23:44

    :laugh Thats the great thing about HEF......everybody learns something from everybody else. We now see what Jeff learned......how to edit to win a chicken. :cool2 You got any more info on that grader Squizzy, specs and what have you?

  16. #16Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:46

    I suspect we've been bushwhacked CB...might have to get Digger to arbitrate on this one ..OK OK..I'll send the dam chicken to Jeff:lmao :lmao I've also got an old Greasy Cat Challenger T shirt if you want??

  17. #17Jeff D.2007-07-16 23:55

    :beatsme Well.................I'll take the chicken I guess, on account of this: But yes, the t-shirt would be welcome too.:yup Are Australian chickens the same as American chickens? I don't want an upleasant suprise because of that whole "Aussie's have a different name for everything" thing.

  18. #18Squizzy246B2007-07-16 23:58

    A chicken is a little furry thing what just came out of an egg...or a game we used to play on the backroads A Chook is a chicken whats all grown up and is about ready for the pot.

  19. #19Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:01

    Ok, and you use the burning malley root's to heat the pot, right?? I think I got it now.

  20. #20Squizzy246B2007-07-17 00:08

    No but I can chase some info up on the company that built them here. Its likely Deas would know off the top of his head but the old fella is probably taking a Nanna nap after his big weekend. That is correct Sir.....cept its not really a pot....a cast iron camp oven does the trick, and if it happens to be one of them ten thousand dollar chickens you throw in a big can of apricots and cook for about 6 hours with the pot buried underground.

  21. #21Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:18

    Ohhhh.............well send me one of those $10,000 chickens then.:thumbsup That's way mo better than just a t-shirt.

  22. #22Squizzy246B2007-07-17 00:21

    OK..but if you see a bunch of Rangers following the postman....I don't know you!

  23. #23Countryboy2007-07-17 00:23

    no No NO....you can't be choosin prizes. :nono You fought tooth and nail for the daggum shirt.....you ain't gettin me chicken. :spaz Ahhh, what the hey.....I'll give ya a drum stick. Thats about 2 grand.

  24. #24Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:24

    And if they ask me what it tasted like, I'll say "Just like an Eagle!"

  25. #25Countryboy2007-07-17 00:27

    You're better off saying it tastes like chicken.......then they won't know what it really is.

  26. #26Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:28

    FINE! I'll be perfectly happy with a $10,000 t-shirt then, in exchange!:yup

  27. #27Countryboy2007-07-17 00:30

    Well the $10,000 T-shirt is Pink........but hey, if thats what you want. :beatsme

  28. #28Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:36

    I coulda bout figured that! I u-hum won it in a "grader" picking contest. They probobly figured the winner would've been involved in the whole grader scene at some point. How's that saying go "Once you drive grader, you'll never get a date later"........er something? :cool2

  29. #29Squizzy246B2007-07-17 00:49

    If it was a pink Frock they'd probably believe that

  30. #30RonG2007-07-17 03:28

    Surfer Joe,you are teaching us a lot of stuff here and when you chose anything but an AC on that one I thought,here we go again.I can't get nothin' right!!!I don't recall ever seeing that tube frame on anything else,it is a trademark of the AC grader.Glad you came around,you are a credit to this forum and I always enjoy your posts here.Ron G

  31. #31digger242j2007-07-17 05:38

    earnst? That'a about halfway between Dumbleyung and Moulyining, isn't it?

  32. #32Grader4me2007-07-17 05:50

    Gee..I missed this thread completely. Didn't take long for it to spiral out of control though ointhead Close...But it's "When you operate a grader you always get the ladies later":naughty I seen this coming right from the first post. What kept you? :Banghead

  33. #33LowBoy2007-07-17 09:30

    This all sounds strangely familiar....but I thought grader drivers wore them there... "moo-moo's"? This has to end the mystery behind the "stand-or-sit" debate right here and now... What's a "frock"? A down under name for the same thing?

  34. #34surfer-joe2007-07-17 13:07

    Huumph! I had a senior moment last night, and it WAS late here. Squizzy was still in bed.

  35. #35digger242j2007-07-17 13:15

    I thought that was Japanese for a bunch of chickens? :beatsme

  36. #36Jeff D.2007-07-17 22:03

    As you can plainly see after reading through the whole thread I tried to stop the others from sending it spiraling, but alas, my efforts were fruitless. I thought up a whole bunch more, but will let it rest instead. Figured the grader jokes might start to wear off their funny on some soon. Remember "Big load & haul" and that one trucker who eventually got a twist in his bra stap? ( who dat be? ):beatsme I wouldn't want to see our grader guys getting all owlie too.:cool2

  37. #37Countryboy2007-07-17 22:35

    So, is that a trucker thing......:cool2 Ok...I won't start...

  38. #38Jeff D.2007-07-17 23:11

    :nono This thread is about Graders now, let's keep on topic!( for the very first time ) Seems CB done went and proved this just might be so!!:Banghead Who-da-thunk?:beatsme

  39. #39Squizzy246B2007-07-18 00:11

    You can see how grader drivers changed Australia: http://www.home.aone.net.au/~wooly/beadell/ and here is a pic of Len's Grader

  40. #40Grader4me2007-07-18 05:34

    Maybe the other guys might get a little owlie but I can't see it. I always enjoy a good laugh, and I find the grader jokes very humorous. I know everyone is just funnin around. We all tease each other but when it's time to get serious, well we can do that to. : Great read Squizzy..Thanks!