Industrial mini shock absorber inside a nut tacked onto floor deck. Anyone with a 790 will see significant damage on the swinging pawl that engages the notch on the brake arms, and those who run a backhoe rely on the e-brake to keep them from going on a ride when they pull up the stanchions. I went through 4 of these danged things in the first year I owned mine. This one, though dinged, has been on there in excess of 4 years, and still works fine. The swinging pawl will smash flat remarkably quickly making the e-brake not work at all. Any that have seen service, no matter how short, will show surprising damage. The mini shock absorber slows it down just before impact, and dramatically cuts down the damage. In operation, you can't tell the difference, it handles just like it did before. I got the shock from www.mscdirect.com but I'm sure there are other places like Grainger or the like. I love my 790, it is a great economical machine, other than this relatively minor defect. It was inexpensive, SIPS fuel, has robust hydraulic flow, and good power to the PTO. Especially for it's size/weight.
No replies yet.