Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Decal replacement sources?

Speedpup ยท 2009-07-10 18:43

Need to repaint my machines Lulls forklifts and the originals decal set is no longer available except for the load chart required by OSHA Any one have a source for someone who makes decals / labels. I took pictures of what is on there and it need not be a restoration just the same wording in the approx. size. One thing I need is the decal on the boom which is two inches wide and has letters A-L about nine inches apart I guess that is not big deal in these computer graphic days? Quality wise what do you ask for? I got some with my company name in 92 on the machines and it is still like new after all these years. It was just black but it never dried up or faded. Thanks for any tips in advance.

Replies18
  1. #1willie592009-07-10 21:26

    I get mine from Brent at Associated Graphix in Canton Ohio. I've heard other members mention places in Virgina and Pennsylvania, just can't remember the names.

  2. #2JonesBros2009-07-11 00:14

    I get mine from Graphic Solutions of VA. She does excellent work, usually what she does on custom jobs is she'll ask you to take pics of the decals and give her measurements and she'll print them right up and they'll look just as factory as can be. But she does have a whole list of decals already stored on her computer ready to be printed.

  3. #3willie592009-07-11 00:26

    Hey Chris, I thought you were the one who mentioned a decal shop in VA, wasn't sure. Anyhow, now speedpup has choices.

  4. #4Speedpup2009-07-11 01:35

    thanks guys now I won't get robbed on Long Island I took pictures with a ruler across decal top for scale. My friend use to due it but he went and got a municipal job and packed the whole computer graphics in the attic. I was waiting for a long time for some race car stuff so that is a dead end.

  5. #5JonesBros2009-07-11 11:50

    Yep it was me, i seen where you said VA and the ol light went off in the noggin

  6. #6Laffy2009-07-12 18:29

    A very good cheap place is in Chapleau, Ontario Canada. www.jnsigns.com The man's son fought in Afghanistan and now owns a hauling company. This man does all of his door decals and manufacturer decals for his fleet In Northern Ontario. I have met him a few times and can tell you it is quality work. ,J

  7. #7cluk132009-07-13 22:57

    I normally use local guys that do vinyl lettering on trucks. most of them have computer setups to cut the vinyl and can design or replicate any type of lettering

  8. #8joeallen2009-07-23 10:57

    Call my company www.shopforsigns.com or call 216-265-4150

  9. #9MrKomatsu2009-07-23 12:26

    :usaI got a company down here in Tx. that we use....new factory sets.....model and serail# if you please and i will get you the cost...just a thought....:usa:drinkup

  10. #10Speedpup2009-07-23 17:19

    I got the load charts from Lull but that is all the carry not the rest of the decals. one is an 1044B 1990+ serial number is #108 not complete if you need the entire number I have it the other three are 85-87 Lull 844's last four digits on one is 1609. Those are all the same decals thanks

  11. #11Willis Bushogin2009-07-23 18:03

    decals Same here, I would go with the local guys, most of the good ones, can pull up the decals on a program they have and print it off. If there is a mistake, its easier to deal with a local guy. My sign man, comes out and take pictures and measuremnts and they look great. Why does a freshly paint machine seem to run better:beatsme

  12. #12Speedpup2009-07-23 20:37

    Same reason they run better after you change the oil Getting something like this done on Long Island would be $$$$$ ointhead

  13. #13MrKomatsu2009-07-24 06:51

    Speedpup.........:usa I'm gettting the info for u....as soon as i get it i will post it...........later..:drinkup

  14. #14joeallen2009-07-24 09:22

    speed up it should not be that price..... Have a local shop die cut them out and put them on your self

  15. #15MrKomatsu2009-07-24 15:18

    :usaSpeedpup....... I got your decals...call these guys Dean or Rodger tell them Texas Heavy equipment sent you....1-817-750-7667 they are in Dallas....:usa:drinkup

  16. #16Speedpup2009-07-24 20:19

    :drinkup:drinkup thanks

  17. #17Eqman2009-07-30 12:30

    Try EPW parts in california. They stock factory overstock parts. Give them the Lull part # and they can tell you if they have it. If not they have there own graphics shop and can make the ones you need. They have a great online catalog you have to sigh up for. Here is there 800 # 1-866-379-7278. Hope that helps.

  18. #18dirt digger2009-07-30 14:25

    i have contacted these guys before...ended up just buying them from a dealer though for my old IH tractor http://www.quipcal.com/