Have a 30 hp Kubota on a Blockbuster firewood processor. V1505 maybe? I'm going off memory. It's a 4 cylinder from 2013 The muffler keeps rattling apart. I'm on the 3rd or 4th one in.umder 3000hrs with multiple patches on each to keep it going. Current one has the guts all loose so it rattles like crazy. Thinking of remote mounting a muffler and running a flex to it. Would a run of the mill car muffler work? Would love to quiet it down too. Not that it's crazy loud, but still
A car muffler will work fine and remote mounting with flex should make it a one and done project. Larger industrial "Silencer" mufflers available if you really want to keep the noise down. Regularly deal with Deere 3029 rattling ass engines with the exhaust hard mounted that cuts the flange off of both ends of the muffler. Get to weld them back together and I'm sure I'll be doing it all over again in a few years.
Mostly the neighbor's place is maybe 300-400ish from where I plan to put it so less noise is better.