70,000.00 training to 150,000.00 ++ running the show more. Must be located near Holland, MI. Wanted: Mechanically inclined Heavy Equipment Operator to learn to assemble, operate and maintain our Custom Mega-Trenchers. These are the largest most powerful Trenchers on the planet. This position requires a special person. Someone with huge mechanical abilities, leadership qualities, and guts. These machines are mobilized all over North America to install all different types of systems. Typically the projects vary from one week to 6 weeks long. The right candidate will be trained on the job. This position requires lots of skill but DeWind is willing to pay top dollar and profit sharing per job for anyone capable of running these machines and crew on their own. If you think you have the right stuff and this position is calling you, contact DeWind at (616) 875 - 7580 or send your resume to [email protected] Check out our web site at www.dewindonepasstrenching.com
Greg and Becky DeWind started this business over 25 years ago. DeWind designs, builds, maintains and operate a fleet of these Deep One-Pass Trenching machines. They are based in West Michigan but work all across North America.
Cool pictures. Can you post some of some of the projects you have done with them? I just retired so count me out other wise.
Hello, Thank you, they are one-of-a-kind trenching machines, that's for sure. Here is a link to an article on a recent project DeWind completed. DEWIND ONE-PASS TRENCHER INSTALLED: 48' - 73' Deep x 3,000' Long In-Situ Mixed (No Open Excavation) Cement-Bentonite Cutoff Wall for the Lake Tyler Dam " he said the mixture is like peanut butter because the machine mixes so well " http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+L...ine-used-in-repairs-to-tyler-dam#.VDadfF4eXRg
Looks like a 245 chassis would like to know what the aux engine is to run the trencher sure has a lot of fresh air available.
To be honest, it's not really my place to dicsuss our trenchers in that aspect. These machines are designed, built, fabricated ... by DeWind for DeWind's operation only. They are very powerful and capable machines. I do appreciate your interest, but as I said, it's just not my place. DeWind has proprietary trenching technology and would like to keep it that way. You are welcome to check out our web-site: www.dewindonepasstrenching.com
I can tell you that the DeWind One-Pass Trencher shown above has 2,000 hp. That is the current largest machine in our fleet.... well, until our latest machine is done. The one we are currently building has 3,500 hp. It's going to be game changer.
I get dizzy just looking at that thing and trying to figure it out.Guess I should spend some time looking those links up.Ron G
They are very specialized, one-f-a-kind machines. You can see how these trenching machines install systems. See the animations below: Soil-Bentonite & Cement-Bentonite Cutoff Walls: www.koibeach.com/Dewind_slurry Groundwater Collection/Product Recovery Trench: www.koibeach.com/Dewind
It sure looks like a clumsy rig,I still cannot tell how it works.I once worked for a company that had a stone box attached to a conveyor under my excavator so that all I had to do hit a switch to start the conveyor and fill my own bucket with bedding stone or whatever was in the box and the loader just had to keep my box full.It was pretty neat,darned if I can remember who built the thing though.Ron G
It looks like you are putting more back in the trench than you are removing there,that doesn't add up here.Where is the excess going?Ron G
The animation does not really show the spoils. We have a conveyor attached to the trencher that coveys the trenched spoils to either side of the machine. It piles as we trench. Typically the trench spoils are taken care of the GC on the project.
I hope this picture helps. This shows one of our trenchers installing a groundwater collection trench. A sump with the pipe pre-connected and the machine is installing the pipe and backfill in a single pass, no open excavation. We can install these systems up to about 45 feet deep. When it comes to soil-bentonite and cement-bentonite cutoff walls, we can in-situ mix up to about 85 feet deep. Again, in a single pass, no open excavation. For this process we have a patented auger delivery system that allows for us to introduce cement/bentonite to the trench in a dry form. It is mixed over and over top to bottom with the native soils and groundwater to create a completly homogonized mix.
That is impressive,say no more.It takes a few generations doing a little at a time to step outside the box as they say and figure out a better way. I imagine his (Dewind) ears rub on the door quite often,thanks for explaining it to us.Ron G
Those things look awesome. If you guys weren't so far away it would be worth looking into that's for sure.
Thanks! They are awesome. Well if you are based in CA, I wouldn't be too quick to relocate this far North either. MI is great, but I have had enough of this winter. Well, we work all across North America, you might see one our Trenchers out your way.