Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 200C LC Fuel Gauge not working

beanfarmer71355 ยท 2021-03-19 19:13

Machine sat for about 2 weeks. Got on it to walk it about 1/4 mi in a field and I noticed fuel light was on. So I stopped and looked in tank thinking someone had siphoned the fuel. It was full. Guage registers empty and light is on. Bought a new float, plugged it in, played with it outside of tank and no change in gauge reading regardless of being grounded or not. And I did not ohm the new gauge to see if it was good or not. Will do that. Am I missing something simple? When I turn key on, it does rise slightly when powered up, so apparently the readout is functioning somewhat. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612021-03-20 05:56

    Check your wiring from the sender to the monitor. High resistance is what turns on your low fuel light. If the monitor sees 82-88 ohms, then the light will come on.