Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota 2.7 Thumb Problem

digginitdeep ยท 2021-03-18 17:22

Hey guys new to the forum and excavators. I have a 2020 Kubota 2.7 ton. I was using it today and i notice play in the thumb and starting having a look and see that this has moved. Is it missing a bolt? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2021-03-18 21:29

    Yes, there should be a keeper bolt that threads into the thumb to keep the pin in. Looks like it got loose and trashed the threads though.

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-03-19 09:09

    Drill and tap that buggered hole for the next larger size bolt. Be sure to use the correct size drill that the tap requires. The original is metric. But you can make it an SAE thread. Put a flat washer and a lock washer on the bolt.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-03-19 10:33

    I meant to recommend a standard size bolt. Not an SAE.

  4. #4Tugger22021-03-19 11:42

    I might be off on this one , but i think there might be a small spacer that slips over the bolt. The hole in the ear looks big for the bolt. This allows a bit of movement in the pin without the bolt coming loose

  5. #5Midnightmoon2021-03-19 13:56

    On a side note Make sure the thumb cant push bucket. If it can it will break that pin in the center. The pressure should have been adjusted when the thumb was installed. Move the pin to make sure it isn't broke.