My John Deere 200c LC excavator starts and idles fine. Engine Bogs down when you move levers. Here are the codes. 1078 31, 1077 31 and 1078 31. I’ve changed fuel filters, fuel lift pump, checked for leaks. No change. Any help is greatly appreciated!
1078.31 ECU/Pump Timing Extremely out of sync 1077.31 Pump imitated engine protection. Please send me machine SR# has serial number break. It has VP44 injection system or a DE10 Injection system. Need to know which one to give a more accurate diagnosis. Noticed you listed 1078,31 twice is this correct?
Sorry! 1569 31 was the 3rd code. I was told its suppose to be de-10 but I’ve not confirmed it.
1569.31is a fuel derate code. Please send me a picture of injection pump, has pump been replaced recently, i have lots of info on DE10 hope it is that one
Per your engine SR# VP 44 which was used up to machine SR# -254350. When these excavators were in Deere warranty when we had a VP44 failure Deere provided a kit to switch over to Stanadyne DE10 system we need a picture of pump to confirm. Anything else odd happen prior to this problem such as travel alarm beeping when it should not be etc. These excavators have two engine speed sensors one for ecu and one for pump and valve controller they communicate and i have seen problems on hydraulic control side cause derate symptoms also. Does the engine appear to be reeving up ok with throttle control?
Just received pictures that is a VP44 injection pump. I am going to send you a picture of a parts diagram. i want you to check the speed sensor and harness connector.
Sorry for the not so good picture you can take a picture and enlarge it on your cell phone it is item # 23 parts calls it a crank position sensor.
I unplugged the speed sensors and both had oil in the plug. I’m hoping that’s a good sign it’s the sensors. I appreciate the help, in really need to get this thing going again!
Thats a good sign i thank i have specs for the sensor somewhere but i am going to call it a night. FYI code 1078-31 more info The pump control unit receives a crank signal from ECU that is extremely different than the internal timing within the pump engine will be derated so crank position sensor may be giving false signal because of that oil keep your fingers crossed.
Have a good night! I’m going to try changing those sensors tomorrow if the dealer has them and I’ll keep you updated!
Clean oil out and swap positions see if anything changes maybe different code etc
So I replaced both sensors and there's no change. Is there anything else I can check or change before getting a injector pump?
Clear codes run excavator and see which codes return.
Does engine rev up to wide open throttle with no sputter or misfire? When engine starts to bog down is there any sputter or misfire or excessive black smoke.
I removed the battery terminal for 4 hours yesterday. Is there another way to clear codes? It starts and idles fine like no this wrong. When I turn I the throttle you can hear a light miss as it idles up. But wide open throttle it seems to run fine. When you move the bucket is will slowly idle down with no power.
There is another way to clear codes not at home now I will have to look up procedure can’t remember the steps. On your monitor is the ikon below the battery ikon is it lit up yellow. Do all functions bog engine the same? Injection pumps are expensive the Pump and Valve Controller on the hydraulic side can also see a problem and derate engine. I have the procedure to access the service menu on CLC units at home we will want to check 5 volt control circuit to all sensors before we start replacing major parts. We can look at several specs in the machine monitor. If you need this info I will try to post it where it so you can enlarge the page and read it just let me know.
Yes it will run for about a minute then the yellow icon will start flashing slowly. A few months before this the oil pressure sensor came on and I changed the sensor. Then a coupl months later one of the batteries died completely after sitting a couple weeks with operation. We boosted it off a couple times. Seems like all of these problems started after sitting through winter. Yes the engine idles down and acts the same whether you move the tracks, boom or turntable
Is ikon number 9 the one that is flashing?
Yes
ok i still haven't found my info on DDU for clearing codes pretty sure i remember but not sure have a call in to one of my buddies who has a training manual we want to be correct here. Let get the hydraulic side checked out. Push and hold the set switch on monitor and turn the key switch on. After bulb check is complete set switch can be released. You will need to push display select switch 7 times to go to hydraulic diagnostic trouble codes. If codes are present and there more than one monitor will automatically scroll thru them and start over. Write them down if no codes display will read 0......0 If you mess up just key off and start this process over post results.
Clear codes on DDU Scroll through menu until ServiceCode I believe if you go through codes till end CLrCode will be displayed Push and hold up and down arrows until red or yellow indicator lights should go out. Do a search on this forum Type in 200clc no throttle. Check the box search titles only and perform a search. You will see a post from Eddie Stroble there is a reply that gives the procedure for clearing the DDU codes in this post. My buddy could not find his info on this procedure. Hope this helps.
FYI The reason its important to clear these codes and run unit to see what returns is i notices from pictures of your injection pump that it was a re man pump. Someone may have installed pump and never cleared the original codes. I noticed a pump from Deere is between 4 and 5 thousand dollars. I have encountered problems on hydraulic side that will cause engine to derate to about 1500 to 1600 rpm from WOT in a few seconds also and have slow weak hydraulics. Sorry for all the posts but i keep thanking of problems i have encountered.
Today I tried to clear the codes but when I go to the code and hold both arrows does it goes back to ServCode. Three codes are still showing up when the engine is running. No codes show up when the ignition is set to on. I did noticed today there is a little blue smoke at low idle. When you idle up there is a puff of white smoke then clears at high idle.
The DDU clear code procedure is also in the Operators Manual. It’s in section 4-1 Miscellaneous Machine. . At the Deere Booksore there is an option to download a free copy of the manual. Operator's Manual View Operator's Manual View techinfo-omview.apps-prod-vpn.us.e06.c01.johndeerecloud.com
Were you able to clear codes with Diesel Daves help?
I was able to clear the stored codes. But, When the key is set to on, Servcodes shows no codes. When the engine is running the codes show up but it will not let me clear them.
Do you know if all vp44 pumps are the same whether it’s listed as a dodge truck or John Deere?
I suspect all VP44 injection pumps are not interchangeable. Hopefully @thepumpguysc will see this and chime in.
Not the same.. They have a part # on them.
Sorry I’ve been working my other job lol. I got my dash cluster buffed so I could clearly read the codes. 0 19 comes up after I hit display 7 times. It does not flash other codes.
Code 19 is for the hydraulic oil temperature circuit.
I’m guessing that doesn’t have anything to do with the power derate?
This is from 160CLC manual read second paragraph if not readable let me know I would thank your excavator would be the same PVC functions.’
So their may be more sensors to try? I did have a hose blown prior to the engine derate. Replaced hose and I put about 2 gallons more hydraulic fluid than needed by mistake. I drained it back down to the full mark with boom fully extended. No change but was hopeful. Think that would have caused anything? The engine does seem to smoke blue smoke now consistently. Is that because of the engine derate?
There is an hydraulic oil sensor on the bottom of hydraulic reservoir, i have encountered wiring issues to thst senser especially in that area. The code 19 being a hydraulic code should clear when the problem is corrected if my memory serves me correctly. May require several on off cycles? As per the blue smoke I do not thank the derate would cause that. Maybe some else can provide more info on the sensor issue.
Do note that the monitor will only show hydraulic related codes and none of them will derate your engine. Engine codes can only be accessed from the DDU.
Here are the codes that’s showing up on the DDU. I’m trying to check eveything I can before buying an injector pump.
Check your messages.
I was not able to view that attachment you sent. I tried several ways and it's a blank page.
Sorry, my fault. Try again.
We're you ever able to resolve your issues? Im getting the same 3 codes on a 270clc. It had a new injection pump from deere installed about 3 years ago
If it was 3 years ago, they only warranty the pumps for 1 to 2 yrs max.. so get ur plastic out..
Im well aware of the warranty and I would sure think a pump would last longer than 3 years and about 500 hours. I was just looking to find out what the original posters outcome was and maybe that would give me something to check before calling deere out to take a look.