Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc75 swing motor hydraulics

Welding88 ยท 2023-08-24 13:12

How can I isolate the hydraulics to the swing motor so I can use the drive and boom up functions? I have a 95 PC75UU bought it with a busted swing motor, I bought a new motor and had the pump rebuilt. Now I need to clean the slew bearing area its full of sand and bits of gravel but I parked the machine next to my garage when i pulled the swing motor and now i need to raise the boom and rotate it so i can clean and regrease 360 around the slew bearing area. I have the hyd. lines capped and thought i was all set but when i started the machine it immediately blew the feed line going to the swing pump. dumb of me. I figure i at least need to make the main line to the pump a bypass by just connecting the 2 lines together but do i need to do the same with the other lines? There are 2 other sets that are below the main pump line plus a single

Replies4
  1. #1dccdan2023-08-24 14:20

    I think there's brake hoses and motor hoses, I have the book on both the 75uu-1 and the 75uu-2 if you send me your address I can forward them to you. Good luck, Dcdan

  2. #2Welding882023-08-24 15:21

    My email is [email protected] I have the service manual but I cant find anything that tells me what hose goes to what. I was going to temp. splice them all together with straight connectors but I dont think i would need to if I dont use the swing function. Anything you have that can help is good. I appreciate it.

  3. #3Welding882023-10-02 14:44

    Got my lines spliced together so i can move the machine and swing it around with my tractor to clean and re-grease the slew ring but I found 1 tooth on the slew ring that is broken off as i was moving it around, it looked liked a piece of the swing motor bearings got lodged in between 2 tooth and broke 1 i had to drive it out with a pin. Will I be ok running the machine with 1 slew ring tooth missing? The rest of the slew ring teeth looked fine but i dont want to put a rebuilt swing motor back in only to destroy it. I dont have the money to replace the ring plus hire someone to split the machine. I could possibly weld something in to fill the void but it would obviously not be anything to spec

  4. #4uffex2023-10-02 15:40

    Good day Your post sounds as though you have an expensive repair on your hands, any welding of the slew ring will cause distortion and bigger problems. Is there a chance you have a contaminated hydraulic system? I do not mean to add to your worries, but you may be far better off walking away from the machine. Kind regards Uffex