I have a 200D with factory aux hydraulics. I found a used Rockland thumb. Rockland wants the aux pressure set at 2500psi. Would someone tell me where to measure the pressure and where to adjust it?
We have a 200d in our fleet, I cant tell you off hand, but If you dont get an answer tonight/tomorrow, I'll check and get you some info when im at work and post tomorrow evening
you can adjust pressures through the display screen. With key off push/hold one of the unmarked buttons on the panel * its one of the two on the right, cant remember which because the machine isn't in the yard* turn the key on and it should be in "service mode" then scroll through the options and one should be for pressures for tools I.E. thumb, hammer, etc. If you still cant get it, I'll have to wait til the machine comes back from rent to give you a step by step.
HTRN, thanks for the help. I'll go out tomorrow and play with it and see what I can find.
The machine may not have circuit reliefs installed for the auxiliary function. Usually there will be some kind of cartridge screwed into the valve section that might have an open screw slot showing with a lock nut around it. You can install a gauge wherever you see a dead head plug on the outlet line from the pump.
On all the “d” series machine we installed and “g” as well the pressures were adjusted manually turning screws around auxiliary spools. Just make sure not to set it over machine pressure because you want thumb to give to bucket to prevent damage down the road.
I had the Deere dealer have a mechanic stop by when he was in the area. The mechanic stopped in today and looked the machine over. This machine has factory aux, so there are relief valves on both sides of the valve. It is the second spool from the front, just follow the lines from the boom to see where they go. The left side of the boom is on top. The bottom of the valve stack is accessed through a cover on the bottom of the house. I don't know which buttons the mechanic used, but the display will read system pressure while operating. This allows setting the relief pressures without breaking a line for a gauge. The only problem the mechanic found is the rear pump hammers a little bit when he boomed up against the cylinder stops in the h/p mode at full throttle. He thought it will need new barrels and swash plates sometime in the future. The machine does need pin bushings in the end of the stick. Does anyone have aftermarket suggestions, or should I stick with Deere bushings?
Donno about Deere, but for CAT machines we buy a lot of stuff from ITR http://www.itramerica.com/
Go to JD parts online look up the parts you need for end of stick. Google the part numbers and you'll find lots of aftermarket suppliers. I got the parts for the 892 out of a place in Texas but lots of others on amazon and individual websites. John
I'd forgotten about the online parts catalog, thanks for the reminder. Bushings and seals are ordered.
We just muddled our way through this procedure on a 2009 Deere 270D. We added a Paladin CP thumb, and our machine was already plumbed from the factory and had relief valves. Here is how we did it, with no instructions aside from this thread. To view the pressure to the aux lines: 1. With key off, press and hold the top right button on the display and turn key on. This makes the service menu available. 2. Go to Service menu 3. Select Monitoring 4. Scroll down to "Pump 2 Delivery Pressure". This will show the Aux line pressure while you're bottoming out the thumb cylinder. Adjust both the extend and retract relief valves until you get 2500psi each way. You cannot adjust pressure from the screen. You must adjust the relief valves manually on the valve body. (engine at WOT in H/P mode) (edit: 2500 psi is approximately 17.2 MPa)
If that pump is hammering now. Then do not wait until down the road unless you want an expensive surprise of cleaning the entire hydraulic system. The filters will not catch all of the brass in the system. If there is a catastrophic pump failure the chance of repeat failure will more than triple.
Hi. This is my first post. recently bought a 2010 200D with aux hyd buttons on the stick. I put on a tag bucket and thumb. but I haven't set the relief pressure to 1850 like the tag instructions say. I followed the suggestions in a post above and found in the monitor where to read pump 2 delivery psi. So I followed the hyd line to the hyd block and adjusted the relief valve that I thought would be the one but the pump 2 delivery read out on the monitor didn't change. if I push and hold one button it reads 27mpa and the other button reads 34mpa. I have the shut off valves on each side of the stick closed so I don't damage thumb or cylinder. Any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance!
Make sure the reliefs you are adjusting are located in the ports shown below. It is approximately 5 MPa (770 psi) change per 1/4 turn.
I adjusted the relief on the top side of block the other day. And didn't see a change in delivery pressure. But I didn't adjust the bottom one. Also I have the shut offs at the end of the stick closed. Do I need them open and actually move the thumb to set the pressure.
No, they do not need to be open. Keeping them closed is how I check the Aux reliefs.
So to make sure I'm adjusting the reliefs correctly. Loosen the lock nut and turn Allen screw in ?
That's correct.
I was able to get the reliefs set. Thank you very much for everyones help!
What do I need to adjust on the diagram to turn the pressure down?
Which specific pressure?
I recently installed a tag hydraulic thumb on my JD 200 DLC and I’m needing to turn the pressure down to prevent damage to the cylinder. I’ve followed the hydraulic line back but not sure on where the adjustment is. Was wondering if y’all knew? And what direction to turn it too?
Next time; you can check machine status as a "DEERE DEALER MECHANIC".
The list of monitoring.
Attached file's how to access Service menu.
Looking at post #14's picture are where the reliefs are located (in red). They will look just like item #103 in the picture and will have a 17mm jam nut with a 6mm allen headed adjustment screw. Follow Lachau's instructions in the monitor so you can observe the pressure reading after adjustments are made. Auxiliaries for the thumb will be pump 2 delivery pressure and will read in MPa. The relief on the top should be for the line going down the left side of the boom and the relief on the bottom should be for the line going down the right side of the boom.
Do u happen to know what direction I need to go with em to turn the pressure down? Clockwise or counterclockwise?
Counterclockwise to reduce the pressure.
First off im new to this forum so bare with me. We recently added a thumb to our 135 D model. only the right side of Joystick control is working. when i push the left hand button i can hear RELAY WORKING in Fuse compartment are, but no Fluid/ pressure is going to the line. I selected thumb / crusher settings on monitor. my apologies for my description being Vague at best. im new to this whole Equipment field. and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to HEF Sparks ! Please start a new thread. Include the serial number please. Also did this unit have the auxiliary plumbing already on it? Post pictures of what is on it. Is there a pilot line going to both ends of the auxiliary spool?