2003 Deere 230LC Ser# 600100 Hello everyone, I’ve looked and looked, finally just going to ask. I’ve got a Deere 230LC that has started only going to half throttle. AI is not working now. HP mode is still working when digging. I have tried the relearn procedure with no luck. I need to check for led lights in green 1 blink per second. Hoping someone could help with some guidance or schematics. Thanks
See (3) screenshots below.
Thank you, I will check and report back
Was finally able to pull codes today. I have a 02,03 and 04 code for pump sensors
I believe those are old codes. They cleared and not back. Had some help today to watch throttle cable on a relearn sequence, it’s only moving to half throttle then back to idle.
Those pump sensors and the engine rpm dial are all 5 volt sensors with a common 5V supply and ground. Check the power and ground on the sensors. Check your messages later this evening for a schematic and harness checks.
Ignore the above , I did not see post #5 that the pump sensor codes had cleared successfully.
When performing the engine speed learn, It’s my understanding that the speed control motor only moves the injection pump lever to the slow idle stop. The economy, standard high idle (not HP) and auto idle engine speeds are calculated based on the slow idle speed. Just in case your engine learn procedure is different, see screenshot below from the manual.
That is the procedure that I have been doing. Took a video of the pump movement but I can not figure out how to post it here. I removed the cable end from the actuator and the cable moves freely. When I do a relearn procedure it does not go full stroke on the pump to meet the stop screws(high and low idle). Thank you for your help
Upload the video to a platform like utube and then post the link to the video here.
Tomorrow I am going to try checking voltage at the actuator plug. It should be 5 volt and less if the dial is working correctly? Have not pulled plug apart yet but assuming 2 pin?
The throttle dial is 3 wire ciircuit . Measure the voltage while back probing the Black/pink and white/red wires.