I have a 324E that after about 45 minutes of operation an E363 FMI 1 and FMI 2 fault code becomes active. Any help troubleshooting this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
High fuel temperature. See attached. I would add the possibility of the fuel temperature sensor giving an incorrect/implausible temperature reading to the list of possibilities. With the engine stone cold how do the fuel and coolant temperature readings compare.? Maybe look at the ambient temperature reading as well.
Thank you for this information. As soon as I go through the process I will let you know the results. Thanks again for your help.
Looks like the fuel transfer pump is the problem with the high fuel temperature problem. The transfer pump is not available from Cat at this time. I ordered aftermarket until I can get one from Cat. Thanks for your help with this.
Come back and tell everyone if replacing the transfer pump cures the problem.
Will do.
Here's an update on the 324E, we finally received a fuel transfer pump from Cat. Before I removed the old pump I disconnected the outlet line and turned the ignition switch on, fuel would barley trickle out, after I installed the new pump I tested it the same way. The new pump would shoot fuel out about 10 inches. The customer has been operating it now for a couple days, this cured the high fuel temp problem. However, we now have an active code 1050,high aftertreatment #1 fuel pressure #1, level 12. Do you think this has something to do with replacing the fuel transfer pump?