I have a john Deere 244E wheel loader that when machine reaches operating temperature the transmission looses power and starts to slip. Seems to do both in high and low speed. Just curious as to if anyone has had same problem in a similar machine and what it may be and or cost to fix.
Deere 244E A few operating hours after acquiring mine I had a similar problem. I found the Hi-Lo transmission oil level was low. The Hi-Lo transmission sight gauge is located in front of the left rear wheel just behind the fuel tank. I drained what was left in the Hi-Lo transmission and installed 10 quarts of Deere Low Viscosity Hy-Gard®. The fill port is near the engine fuel filter. The Hi-Lo transmission oil filter should also be changed, but that got mine going. Thanks, dieselerator
Oil is up in sight glass. Machine has 6500hrs.
I also have a 244e loader that was given to me this summer it has the same problem, I think it is a charge pump problem, I have service manuals on this machine but they dont cover thy hydro other than removal and instilation, it is a yunkers axial pump, and i have found no info on it. Does anyone know who made these machines for deere?
Bump, I am having the same issue with mine. changed oil and filter in hi/lo trans with no success. Ideas?
I see this is an old post did you ever figure this out? I don't know if this will help but, I have a JD344E and it was built in Japan by Hitachi.
Sorry for bumping a 2+ year old post, we have a John Deere 244e(not sure on the year) it had similar problems, in forward it will drive in low range, but doesn’t have a lot of pushing power, it will only travel in high range down hill. In reverse it operates as it should. Transmission fluid level is good(but does have a leak and needs topped up more then it should)
Welcome to HEF Charger ! Serial number? Check your transmission control relays K5, K6 and K12.
I have a deere 244E with a similar issue. it runs and drives in low gear without much trouble for about 15 minutes. Then the trans begins slipping. The trans oil pressure light comes on. I changed the fluid and both of the filters didn't fix anything. high gear only works headed down hill similar to the post above. Serial number is T6244EB-000065. Any insight would be appreciated.