Got a 245G machine with around 8k hours on it. The RH side travel motor is very weak/slow compared to the other. Even when I lift that track in the air it still turns less than half the speed of the other. I did verify the high and low does make a slight change in speed while the weak side is raised in the air. Any common causes for this? Anything that I can check? A few times while trying to turn Ive noticed it seems to almost just stall out and make a shuddering sound / feel. Any thoughts are appreciated!
With a track in the air, turn the track that is on the ground. Does the one in the air start to turn? Repeat with the other side. While the engine is running, press and hold the #9 button, then press down on the dial once, release the #9 button. You should be in the service mode. Go into monitoring, make sure the pump 1 and 2 control and delivery pressures are selected. Does the control pressure reach the same value on the problem track as to the good track? Find some round stock to stall your tracks at the sprockets. Stall function and read the delivery pressures. Post the pressures you get on these tests.
Got some interesting info from these tests. With the track lifted and attempting to turn the other, I never seen the lifted track attempt to move. Same result on both sides. I also noticed on the weak track, it actually seemed to move faster at half stick vs trying to go full. Monitoring: Definitely getting higher Pump 2 Delivery Pressure on the good track. Believe I seen up to 18MPA with that track lifted in the air. Pump 1 Delivery Pressure with the weak track lifted seemed to run 5-7MPA at full stick. I'll attach some pics here. Also took a few vids
Maybe this is unrelated but I have noticed another thing with this machine. Sometimes while curling the bucket in it slows way down about half travel. Let off the control and try again and it will complete curling fully and seems full speed like normal. Thought that was kinda odd... Ill try and post some vids showing the monitoring page as well....
Video showing how track slows down after going full stick
Both control pressures appear to be the same, so I do not suspect a pilot issue. We might swing around back to this later. To be really sure your center joint is not the issue, I would swap the left and right side hoses on top of the center joint to see if the issue remains with the right side or moves to the left side. That is normal. Both tracks should slow down when operating a function due to the travel flow combiner valve. If you stall the track, what is the delivery pressure in both directions? Are the track speeds different in both the rabbit and turtle mode, forward and reverse? Does the bucket and swing work normally? Check your messages.
The bucket slow curl Ive noticed while not even attempting to track at the same time. Just parked with the bucket up in the air. Still need to do this test yet. Yes the rabbit and turtle mode is making a difference. Way more noticeable on the good side track.