Are the MICs universal or do they need to be programmed/ registered for each machine. I can buy a used one and want to make sure it will match my machine. It has the same exact part number. More info: I recently purchased a 2007 JD 200C LC. Currently I'm fixing issues caused by a previous owner/operator. A window was broken at some point as glass is under anything I remove in the cab. Some moron installed a 12V regular radio on the original 24V line, blew both speakers and also destroyed the left side arm plastic during the install process. A GMRS radio was also installed with it's own source wire hooked between the batteries for 12V and was always on. Several fuses blown involving the MIC and regular radio. Cleaned the wiring up and have all the constant and switched power acting like it should. I hoped the MIC would boot up but nothing. Pulled the MIC and found corrosion on three pins externally. Pulled the cover and the board was burnt and corroded with definite water damage in the corner. Probably the same genius forced the hydraulic tank cap off bent the locking pin over and broke the plastic locking tabs on the tank keeping it from pressurizing. It would hold some pressure but if you touched in any way it would release pressure, a new cap fixed it. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to HEF Christeon . What‘s the plan requiring a working MIC ? In the day I was only involved with “C“ series MIC on a couple of original U/C warranty claims, as Deere wanted the total # of machine travel hours. I seem to remember needing a cable and a palm to download the info and unique software on a PC to interpret the data. All was available at the time but now who knows.
Having the Diagnostic mode work on the monitor is what I'm after, I might be chasing the wrong path. My understanding is the MIC sends data to the in cab monitor. Only the Hours and trip populate data on the monitor in diagnostic mode. Everything else engine rpm, Hyd temp, pressures, codes are all zeros.
The PVC sends diagnostic data to the monitor. With the key on , is the LED lamp on the PVC flashing approx once per second ? See screenshot below for MIC and PVC location. As shown in the pic, the PVC is the lower one.
Yes steady blink once per second before and after MIC removal.
The early “C” series units didn’t have MIC. Maybe unplug the water damaged MIC to eliminate it as possibly interfering with the monitor and see if the monitor diagnostic live data returns.
I'll check the monitor Monday, I'll check the CAN Bus terminator and resistor at the same time. FYI I'm not concerned with these ATM but figured I'd list the only other electrical issues in case they crossover. The high speed propel switch doesn't change anything. The Auto Idle doesn't change anything, Auto Acceleration does reduce rpm a small amount and increases under load.
The CAN Bus terminator and resistor are part of the engine control system. FYI, the round DDU (diagnostic display) in the area of the battery box only displays engine related service codes and engine data. Engine control related service codes that are active will cause the “check engine“ indicator light on the monitor to flash approx once per second, the fault code info would be displayed at the DDU. The diagnostic mode of the monitor you are trying to access only pertains to hydraulic system data and service codes. If unplugging the water damaged MIC has no affect on retrieving the hydraulic system live data on the monitor,see the following screenshots to retrieve any active hydraulic/PVC service codes. .
Thanks for helping out. I checked and got codes 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18. I also pulled the PVC, the harness connections were clean. I took it's cover off and committed a forum sin, I didn't take before pictures. Some creature had made a nest or something about the size of my pinky, all through the connector pins to center of the board. Cleaned the board and 3 of the multiplexer chips, 1 MC14051B and 2 74HC153A, look like a couple of pins including voltage source pins have corroded, possibly in two. Everything else on the board looks good and the machine operates well except the two speed and AI/AA. In time as I get more control of my hands I'll replace those 3 chips plus a couple more and maybe save that board as a spare. For now since the machine digs and moves is there any risk to the pump/etc. just running it with the original board? Do the cheaper, probably Chinese PVC units work or are they a waste of time/money in the long run?
The codes refer to every one of the 5 volt hydraulic sensors . Clear the codes and see if any come back. See procedure below.
Under most circumstances the pumps are self regulating without PVC influence so you are good to go .