Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 250 control valve leaking

johnd_125 ยท 2023-04-27 11:47

Finally figured out where my deere 250 hyd. leak is. It seems to be coming from the rear side of the control valve. I have a tech manual for this and has a detailed procedure for removing the control valve. What are my options? 1. Is it possible to get the spools out from the rear and replace o-rings and packing and re-assemble? The control valve appears to be angled down and I wonder if there is enough clearance with the floor plate to get them out. 2. Should I replace the whole control valve? I feel like if I get the control valve out that I could either rebuild it myself or take it to a Deere dealer. 3. Other ideas, or wisdom?

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612023-04-28 05:29

    Welcome to HEF johnd ! Pull the assembly.