I just received a replacement gas pedal for my John Deere 323d skid steer. I installed it today and when I started it back up went to throttle up with foot and it wouldn’t do anything until it went all the way to the floor and then it was at low idle and then when I let it up it would rev and go to 100% throttle when the pedal was all the way up. Backwards from what it is supposed to be. I also checked in the menu and it shows it 100% at top and when I floor it it’s at 0% at bottom. Did I get a lemon pedal or is there something that needs changed. Thanks for any advice.
at493831
Do they offer a decelerator pedal option for that machine, and if so could they have sent you that by mistake? I personally would find a decelerator pedal much more useful in my CTL than an accelerator pedal but it isn’t offered by Kubota.
No I don’t think they do.
Please help has anyone changed there gas pedal?
my 318g has a accelerator- decelerator pedal, rocker switch is located upper right panel, don't remember what it looks like. I can take picture tomorrow
I would really appreciate that a lot. Thanks
2018 318G , it is a push button switch, not a rocker, this is what I have. This is the manual control machine, I can only assume your machine has same sealed switch module SSM,
Aftermarket pedal? Probably wired wrong.
It’s a plug and it has 3 wires 1 5v 1 signal and 1 ground and I don’t think they can be changed.
If they switched the wires in the plug it could be. Is this aftermarket or OEM?
I bought it thinking it was oem but it is aftermarket I believe because it is made different. There are three wires and I know the white wire is the communication wire then I have a +5 volt and a ground so I wouldn’t know how to switch the wires to make it work.
Do you have a switch like @barry shaw shows? If not I'd try to hook up power and ground and read the out put of the signal wire with a DMM.
No I have no switch like that at all. According to my manual there is no way to change the accelerator to a decelerator. I will see what reading I get but I did switch the two and couldn’t get it to work at all when I reversed the power and ground wire.
There won't be any way to do that. Below is an illustration of a Cat sensor and the only difference is it works on an 8v supply not 5v like yours. There is no way of switching wires around to change the output from "decel" to "accel". These TPS sensors are generally a PWM-type. Unfortunately it appears as though you have the wrong pedal/sensor for your application unless there is some way that is NOT shown in your manual to change from one throttle mode to the other.
Thanks a lot that really helps
Can the sensor be installed differently on the pedal?
No I tried that also
Is this an EH machine? A serial number would help. Based on the part number you supplied, there was a change to the pedal that required a harness to be added due to the wiring being different. Check your messages.
Yes EH I think that’s what I need. Here is the serial number. Thanks in advance for your help I was ready to give up.
The harness fixed the issue and my local Deere dealer didn’t even think that it would. The pedal is working great now! Thanks a bunch
I got the same situation in my 329e can you supply the harness info local dealership don’t have the knowledge about the situation
Hello I do have exactly the same issue, can you let me know wich the harness fixed it ? I'm about to burn this thing down!
Check your messages.
I have the same problem with a JD332D - does anyone have the part number for the harness described to resolve this issue?
Check your messages.
Very, very greatly appreciated mg2361, great information. Thank you
Hello I have a 329d and im also looking for the part number for the harness that is the upgraded foot pedal. thank you
@Lance329D Check your messages.