Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

deere 260 auxillary pressure

hartwa ยท 2016-04-20 13:09

Hi fellas... Hoping someone can help with advice I have a deere 260 skid steer. I noticed the pressure on the auxillary loop was high when running a wood process processor....actually just hooking up the processor and starting flow....not doing any cutting...tbe pressure through the loop was 800 feed to 600 return. I disconected the processor and ran a short 1/2" hose from feed to return with a pressure gauge in between. It was 600 psi. I have a restriction somewhere..... any advice where to begin trouble shooting this? I changed the filter with no better results... Thanks for any help. Hartwa

Replies10
  1. #1lantraxco2016-04-20 15:26

    Is that a high flow 260? I wouldn't be too surprised at that kind of backpressure, when you're running flow through an attachment the return is through the valve spool and the attachment's valving is adding an additional 200 psi, not really out of line. You will build some heat, but you shouldn't really lose any power. If backpressure is an issue for the processor then ask your dealer if there's a low pressure return option (common for breaker hammers) to allow the return flow to go more or less directly back to tank without passing through the control valve.

  2. #2hartwa2016-04-20 17:12

    Thanks for the reply.... I don't know if it's a high-flow or not. I'm not sure how to tell. Are you saying either way you would expect that much is resistance across that spool valve? I was going to bypass the valve itself and see if I get the same resistance.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-04-20 22:34

    If it's high flow it looks like there's a rocker switch to activate it. Also seems to be if you have only two aux lines with quick couplers it's probably NOT high flow, the picture for high flow shows a third line they're calling a "Case drain line". Given the restriction of returning the hydraulic flow through a quick coupler and the aux valve spool I'm not all that shocked at the readings you're getting. Try a short jumper hose from one coupler to the other, just a straight loop, and see what kind of pressure readings you get in both directions of valve activation.

  4. #4hartwa2016-04-20 22:41

    I see now that most wood processors require a case drain. I assume this is what you were describing...a no pressure return to the tank?

  5. #5hartwa2016-04-21 00:18

    I did that...a 1/2" hose going from 1 quick attach to the other with a gauge between them. That where I get 600 psi in both directions. The hose is probaby 3' on each side of the gauge...6' total. Do you mean do it at the valve...not at the quick attaches?

  6. #6lantraxco2016-04-21 01:13

    No. what you did is what I was talking about, I didn't catch on that was how you tested it. Does the gauge return to zero with the valve in neutral or does it show some pressure all the time?

  7. #7hartwa2016-04-21 09:56

    Not sure...will check after work. I think it goes to zero slowly.

  8. #8hartwa2016-04-21 13:11

    It drops to 500 psi immediately...then slowly drops further...maybe 50 psi every minute.

  9. #9lantraxco2016-04-21 18:51

    It's only an issue if the processor can't handle the backpressure, you might want to think about plumbing in a direct return to tank line through the original return filter or an add on filter. You would have to ask your Deere dealer, who may have to consult Deere about the pressure on the return, but I don't think what you're seeing is all that unusual. YMMV

  10. #10hartwa2016-04-22 11:32

    Ok...thanks. I will follow up with deere for the case drain.