I wondered if anyone knows if the Deere 2WD backhoe front wheels are interchangeable with a Ford? The Ford is 6 lugs on 6 inch pattern. Thanks, Dave
I just measured the front wheels on my 310 John Deere and it has 6 bolt wheels with a 6 inch pattern.
Perfect ! Thanks for doing that. Dave
Not only is the bolt pattern important , but equally important is the center hole diameter. It is quite often referred to as the pilot hole. Don't forget the bolt or stud diameter to.
Also, don't forget the width of the tire/rim, and maybe even the offset. Six lugs on 6" (and 8 lugs on 8") are standard ag implement patterns, so it makes sense that Ford and Deere would carry them over, but the width may get you in trouble.
Good point about the offset Delmer. I recently put new tires on the front of my tractor and the inner sidewall rubbed the axle assembly. I had to have 1 inch spacers made to offset the wheels. The spacers and longer studs cost as much as the new tires.
Tinkerer and Delmer make good points so in case it matters the center hole is 4 3/4" and the offset (measured from the surface of the hub to the back side of the rim where the bead of the tire makes contact with the rim) is 4". The wheel is 9" wide. My measurements are given with the caveat that they were measured while on the rig, so figure to the nearest 1/8 inch or so, especially the offset. My 310 is a 1974
As I said in post #6 -- the new tire mounted on the rim reduced an already small amount of inner sidewall clearance in my situation. The naked wheel bolted on without the spacers was ok. But the profile of the new tires caused me to add a spacer to each hub.
Hey- Well to see if it would work on the front of my ford 4000-4500 I put a pair of old used 10 inch wide -16.5 skid steer tires on it, wheels are stamped as 8.25 x 16.5 and are off a Case skid steer and are 6 x 6inch lug pattern, center hole is same as the skinny ag wheels that I had on it. I ran across these cheap so gave it a try. Worked extremely well in the very sandy soil on my property with the front end loader- grapple carrying logs. My tractor has the 4500 industrial front axle.
Heres a pic, Im going to swap the rear wheels around to widen the rear track and build a rollover bar next. Those front tires are labeled as 75 psi max and 7000 lb load rating. The box blade has ten solid 8x8x16 concrete blocks in it.
Glad to see the situation resolved. Thanks for the photo and update.