I'm considering the purchase of a 310J with 3000 hrs on it. The price seems fair has the cab with air and aux hydraulics. I have a 416C Cat and wonder if anyone knows how they compare. The 416 has been a solid performer and still is , fuel consumption is very reasonable. The CAT guy says a 416E is comparable to the 310SJ not the 310J. I have ran the SG Deere and it was smooth but thirsty. Just looking for some input from others.
I put 3600 hrs on a 310j. They have one of the best loaders I have run, but the back lacks power for serious work. **** poor down pressure for one. Great on fuel but it doesn't have a turbo, so lower power. You will have to decied if you want power or fuel econemy. Myself, I dont mind putting fuel in it as long as i'm getting the work done. As far as my expieriance with cat goes I like them after the D series. You can get a lighter machine than cat and with better outriggers for less money. My too cents...