Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310J Parking Brake Circuit Code, can’t figure out

propwash03 · 2020-02-22 23:56

Got a 2007 Deere 310J. 815 hrs It’s throwing code 522398.14 “PARK BRAKE CIRCUIT” with the wrench and book icon. Code does not appear until I release the parking brake and then shift into gear. I start it, press the momentary switch to release the brake in neutral and everything is good. As soon as I shift into F or R it immediately throws the code. Turn off, back on, code is gone. Release brake in neutral and everything is fine. Shift in gear and get the code every time. But the brake releases and machine works fine in gear, brake releases and sets... seems fine except for the code. The parking brake works fine, it releases and sets, seem to have no operational issues, but the code is a nuisance I want to resolve. Trans shifts great in all gears and has proper fluid. I swapped the park and diff lock solenoids (7&8 on the parts diagram) and nothing changed. I went into engine, trans, and hydraulic diagnostics and ran every self-test the machine has with no failures including the park brake switch and solenoids. All fuses are good and electrical continuity checks out. Is there a pressure switch or something like that I can replace? Could it be something internal with the parking brake switch I can replace?

Replies15
  1. #1Txhayseed2020-02-23 03:59

    There is a parking brake pressure switch on the top of the differential. Its just about smack in the middle. Best way is to take your floor plate off in front of the seat and access it from there. You can do. It from up under as well but sometimes getting it started reaching up and around and over is tricky..

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-02-23 04:01

    I think its part # AT159811A

  3. #3mg23612020-02-23 06:23

    First a serial number would help. Definitely check the pressure switch like hayseed said. Next question I have is (and you will wonder why)...are your brake lights on when you turn on your key?

  4. #4propwash032020-02-23 18:57

    It was the park brake pressure switch on top of the diff. I opened the panel and the top part of the switch was broken off. I depressed the inside of the switch with a screwdriver, started it, released the brake and the code went away. Part number is correct txhayseed. Before I found the switch I serviced the rear diff with 2 quarts, no leaks so I was surprised it took that much. thanks for the help!

  5. #5Txhayseed2020-02-23 20:00

    Glad you got it figured out. Always nice when its something easy.

  6. #6boenjames2021-08-17 20:10

    hi there, Sorry i know its been a while, but im having same situation. I wonder did you try to unplug the AT159811 Park Brake Pressure Switch to test it? I believe its only switch right? When we unplug the switch, the Park Brake fault should be gone and 310J should move? Thank you

  7. #7Txhayseed2021-08-19 23:22

    Negative. Parking brake is spring applied hydraulic release. If you don't trick the system into seeing the switch is doing its thing you wont get release. You can go into the service side in your monitor and see the switch command on command of as well as the rocker switch. Then that just leaves the park brake solenoid, charge pressure and the internals of the brakes themselves

  8. #8boenjames2021-08-20 01:23

    Sorry i still dont understand, i did trick the system by unplug the 2-wires socket, it will leave the NO situation to the system same as the pressure switch get the pressure. Im sorry im normally fixing small engines, but im confused with the hydraulic system.

  9. #9boenjames2021-08-20 01:44

    Oh wait, do you mean the green pressure switch or solenoid switch(7)?

  10. #10mauijohn2023-06-04 14:10

    Hi txhayseed. Need help. Paking brake wont release. Have change solenoid, switch, pressure switch. Have 3 code

  11. #11mauijohn2023-06-04 14:11

    Would really appreciate any help. From Maui Hawaii.

  12. #12mg23612023-06-05 05:28

    Welcome to HEF mauijohn ! Need the machine serial number. Those are "CAN" communication codes. 2 of them are communication lost with the FLC. One is a software version incompatibility. Has any controllers or the monitor been replaced? Are all the controller fuses good?

  13. #13mauijohn2023-06-05 16:19

    Thank you MG2361, I'll get the SN# for you. No nothing was changed. I was reversing coming to a stop, somewhat of an arrupt stop, and suddenly, it threw in the park gear and since could not get it out

  14. #14mauijohn2023-06-05 17:29

    T0310JX149767

  15. #15mg23612023-06-06 04:51

    Let me now if all the fuses are good. Also, press and hold the menu button for approximately 5 seconds to enter the service mode. Scroll to codes and enter. Post all active and stored codes. When in the "codes", you will now have an option to clear the codes. Clear the codes. Run machine and let's see what comes back.