Does my four wheel drive 310 L have four wheel brakes?
I know a New Holland has to be have the driveshaft locked in to have 4 wheel brakes. There is a setting for 2wd and 4 wheel brakes. I am guessing it goes into 4x4 when you step on the brake if the mode is selected, but it has no front brakes at the wheels. Not sure about yours.
If you have four wheel drive engaged, when you press both brake pedals, then 3 tires are braking if I understand how it all works correctly and the front differential is open. That tractor does not have independent front braking.
Like the other post have said. Front wheel will brake with 4X4 engaged. I have a 310SL and there is a setting you can change in the menu srcreen that will do automatic 4 wheel braking. It will engage the 4x4 automatically when you hit the brake peddle.
If I am not mistaken, that feature only works when you are in Forward 4th or 5th gears. It does not activate on lower gears. It is also an option so emmett may not have the ability to activate it.
That option only works in 4th and 5th and is pretty handy on the road
Dumb question. My forward reverse lever has 1, 2, 3 and D. My Deere mechanic told me that without a software update, it's not auto shift in D. Where is 5? I tried to go up hill in D, and the tractor was not happy.
5th gear is not an option on the straight "L".
Drop it down to 1 if loaded. Your transmission will thank you for it.
Deere texted me. Only rear wheel brakes.
Right. So that puts you right back up there at post #3.
It will shift between 4th and 5th on its own when in D. It will change the number on the screen and you should hear the transmission shift when is does it.
But, as MG pointed out, he has a straight L model. So there is no 5th.