Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

flip over pads

Stanley the dog ยท 2021-12-19 16:42

My 590 SM has flip over stabilizer pads the problem is 90 percent of the time im on dirt so i don't need the rubber side down but ever time i lift the stabilizer the pad flips from cleated side to rubber side they flip on there own to the rubber side and i have to keep flipping them back to cleat down theres a hole in the stabilizer arm to stop the pad from flipping but if i put a rod in the hole it won't let my cleated side set flat on the ground any one with any ideas

Replies9
  1. #1skata2021-12-19 23:56

    Bungee cord?

  2. #2aighead2021-12-20 06:40

    I don't know if yours are the same but mine have some thick rubber rings that holds them on the side you want. I have no idea what they are called, but they work pretty well.

  3. #3Willie B2021-12-20 08:49

    Mine is 580 Super N. It came to me with one pin to hold them steel side down, but rubber was deformed so I had to do a bit of hacking to make pins fit. I don't worry about them not sitting flat on the ground, just fill the hole they made as I move the tractor.

  4. #4NH575E2021-12-20 09:48

    I bolted short pieces of chain across the bottom of mine.

  5. #5Stanley the dog2021-12-20 19:10

    ill check my parts book and see if some thing like that is available for mine Thanks for your input

  6. #6Stanley the dog2021-12-20 19:14

    thanks Willie B if i can't find heavy rubber ring like aighead was using ill either use your idea or NH575E suggested

  7. #7Stanley the dog2021-12-20 19:16

    Your idea is a very simple fix Thank you for your input

  8. #8Stanley the dog2021-12-20 19:21

    Thank you all for the ideas but i can't believe case don't have a factory installed solution for this issue its had to come up before

  9. #9Billrog2021-12-20 19:36

    I replaced the rings on mine once with some rings cut out of heavy belting but they were short lived . I think I'll go with the chain idea & put a hook on 1 end of it.