Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310SE Backhoe Aux Hydraulics

jgbanshee · 2025-04-29 12:21

I have a 2000 310se backhoe with 5-function valve block as it has the extendable stick. I would like to add 2-way aux. hydraulic function for thumb or plate tamper use. Does anyone know the 6th spool valve current part number or sub that I will need? I understand additional parts likes studs, o-rings, hoses, etc. will be needed but right now I would like this aux. spool valve p/n. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-04-29 13:04

    It looks like the sixth function kit # 9 part # AT189160 is no longer available. The way the backhoe valve is designed, the swing section needs to be replaced when installing the 6th function section. Part #’s for the sections are in the screenshot below. The sixth function control pedal kit part # AT183952 (if available) needs to be installed also. The auxiliary section does not include relief valves necessary when running a thumb. One option for (2) relief valves at a decent price is to purchase kit # AT194368. To run a plate tamper, you will likely need to install a dedicated return line back to the hydraulic filter to allow the tamper motor to freewheel when the aux control valve is returned to neutral.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-04-30 07:45

    At the cost of this, it may be better to sell and find another already set up fit auxiliaries. YMMV

  3. #3jgbanshee2025-04-30 10:18

    For the plate compactor, would it be a better choice to run a selective control valve instead?

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-04-30 11:35

    Foot switch control may be easier to operate for longer periods. Selective control valve kit # AT192382 (includes electrical control), not sure on availability.