Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reverser issues

Buck Wilder · 2025-04-28 19:25

I have a 1995 John deere 310d. I have had problems with the reverser not shifting into gear. Cycling the E-brake has worked in the past. But now its not working. The selenoid is only getting 9 volts. The batteries have 12.6 volts. All fuses are good. Could a bad ground be the culprit? Can I use my power probe to energize the selenoid to make the reverser shift? Should I be looking at the ground connections?

Replies12
  1. #1Dave Neubert2025-04-29 14:21

    You can try putting power to it won’t hurt nothing have you pulled the pan and clean the pick up

  2. #2melben2025-04-30 09:08

    Is that the Borg Warner reverser as used by Case? if so, unless they are set up differently the Case uses power to the disconnect solenoid to disengage the reverser. My life was with Case but have done JD shuttles in a couple and those were the same shuttle but slightly different disconnect solenoid but I would think they would work similarly.

  3. #3Buck Wilder2025-04-30 22:03

    I have not! What would I be looking for?

  4. #4Buck Wilder2025-04-30 22:06
  5. #5Buck Wilder2025-04-30 22:08

    I don't know if it is a Borg warner.

  6. #6Buck Wilder2025-06-05 17:33

    Not sure about the reverser brand. I found the reverser problem. A leaky hose emptied the hydraulic fluid in the reverser.

  7. #7Buck Wilder2025-06-05 17:37

    I am looking for a backhoe control valve on a 1995 310d. Part # JD145706 anyone out there have one they would part with?

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-06-05 21:16

    JD145706 is not a good part #. Are you looking for a complete backhoe control valve or just one section ? Machine serial # ?

  9. #9Buck Wilder2025-06-06 21:09

    My mechanic is sure that the section for the crowd is p/n jd145706. He just retired from NC Machinjdery as lead mechanic after 30 years . The 1995 310d is a unicorn these control valves are one year only.

  10. #10Diesel Dave2025-06-06 21:52

    Per the 310D parts and service manual there was only a Husco brand backhoe control valve used. 310D Crowd section part # AT166789 . See screenshot below .

  11. #11Buck Wilder2025-06-11 22:39

    Thanks! Would the serial # indicate which parts are used in my 310d?

  12. #12Diesel Dave2025-06-12 09:09

    Yes , serial # is king in the parts world.