Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310SG coming out of gear

nates90 ยท 2025-09-03 09:41

I have a 310SG that randomly will come out of gear in either forward or reverse. It does not matter which gear is selected. I have noticed when sitting on flat ground and it is acting up, it will try to go forward or reverse but acts like it is slipping. I also notice it makes the same whining sound like when you put in forward or reverse with the park brake on. I know the park brake is off because it will rock back and forth when going to forward and reverse, but the gear just doesn't fully kick in. Then out of nowhere it will start working again for a little while, then act up again....Is there some kind of pressure release solenoid that kicks on if you put in gear with park brake on, and this solenoid is starting to act up even when park brake is off....maybe it's a relay that's tied to the park brake function? Any help would be great, sorry for long post.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612025-09-04 04:55

    Machine serial number please. Most likely a timer relay issue. Relay is located under the dash on the right and is mounted on the inside of the right fender well. If it is the relay, the replacement relay is different and there are instructions to wire it up. That's why I request the serial number.

  2. #2nates902025-11-26 14:46

    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, harvest started and I was not able to get back to this project....T0310SG919710

  3. #3mg23612025-11-27 05:54

    Check the operation of your clutch cutout switch on the loader lever. You might want to bypass the switch with a jumper to see if that resolves your issue. If it does not, under the right side instrument panel, mounted to the inside of the fender, is a timer relay with 2 tan wires, a red wire, a blue wire and a black wire. If you jump across the two tan wires (labelled J27 and J28), will the machine move without issue?