Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 310SG Park brake failure? Wont release

beanfarmer71355 ยท 2020-11-21 13:15

Machine has given ZERO issues, ever. One morning this week was pushing a pile of brush and when I went to back up it felt like a brake dragging, but not fully applied. Got out of the spot I was in and crawled underneath. Machine is a powershift The connector for the park brake coil (the middle one of 3 in that area) was unplugged. I plugged it back in Got on machine, was still sluggish, moved a few feet then smoke out of underneath and it was locked (park brake applied) Oil level is fine. Changed sensor on top park brake. The machine does want to go forward and reverse. I then threaded down the two bolts that force the brake to disengage. They are run down until I broke one. But brake doesn't release. I am thinking this thing came apart internally and is simply not disengaging. Thoughts on this? Can I tear it apart and remove the brake, run machine without, and fix this winter when slow? Help....

Replies4
  1. #1JL Sargent2020-11-22 11:55

    If you have the release bolts all the way down and the parking brake still won't release then that certainly points to something broken inside. MG our resident JD expert will hopefully chime in with his thoughts on the problem.

  2. #2beanfarmer713552020-11-22 12:28

    I would also like to read the codes, but pressing select yields me nothing.

  3. #3beanfarmer713552020-11-22 18:58

    Took it down. Disks and plates are seized/burnt. Must have run low on oil while pushing heavy and didnt notice and they are toasted. Pretty straightforward setup

  4. #4mg23612020-11-23 04:57

    Serial number? They are probably burnt from dragging. When you go back together you will need to make sure there is the proper pressure to the park brake when disengaged. Engine Off. Park Brake On. FNR in Neutral. Press SELECT button and hold while turning the key to ON position, continue to hold SELECT button until the hour meter icon appears in the display window then release SELECT button. Press and hold SELECT button until the battery icon appears in display window and then release SELECT button. Press and hold SELECT button until the hour meter icon appears in display window and then release SELECT button. DIAG will appear in the display window. Press SELECT button and release with in 5 seconds after DIAG appears to view stored diagnostic trouble codes. If you wait more than 5 seconds to press SELECT button , the display monitor displays PROG and PCAL (don't press select when these appear) and then goes back to hour meter and you must start procedure over again. If there are no monitor or engine diagnostic trouble codes stored, (END) will appear in display window. Diagnostic trouble codes will be displayed. If codes are displayed press next to scroll through them. If you want to clear the codes press and hold select for 5 seconds when the word END is in the window