Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 317G AC Issues

Jayceesdad6 · 2024-07-11 17:59

Hi all, we have a John Deere 317G, Serial: 1T0317GJJGJ296479 Having issues with the AC coming on. Currently, we are in 105 degree heat so we arent expecting much out of it. Inside the shop, we arent getting any cold air (fan blows, just definitely not cold). I can't see/hear the compressor activating when switched on, but we are getting 13v at the connector going to the compressor clutch solenoid. Solenoid itself has continuity, and ~3 ohms of resistance in it. We do not have all the correct stuff needed to properly evacuate and refilll the system. However, I do have a fancy digital gauge refill can that I just used for my truck, and we have 135 PSI (shop ambient temp ~92F) coming from the low side port of the AC system. Is this way too high? Or is there no way to tell with this type of system? A customer did return this today due to it not having AC...am wondering if they tried to fill it themselves and put way too much in? My assumption is that the compressor is bad, since we are getting power to it and the clutch solenoid is testing fine (I think). However, I know almost nothing about AC systems and don't want to throw a compressor at it until we fully diagnosis it properly. Does anyone have any other advice or steps to further diagnose? Thank you all in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1ozarkag2024-07-11 22:07

    135 on low side does seem high, I would expect maybe 80 or so. But that doesn't really matter at the moment, does confirm though that the compressor is not running. If electrical checks out as you say, you going to need a compressor. And expansion valve, filter drier, vac and refill. If any compressor failure except the clutch will need to flush hoses and coils as well,

  2. #2reganj2024-07-11 22:12

    I believe your low side pressure with compressor off should read no higher than 100-110. You can try letting out some and see if this helps to solve your problem.