Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 319d ctl won’t start

Peterjokinen · 2019-08-10 11:58

Help!! Started my 319d Deere and drove it in the shop. Changed the battery, and now it won’t start. There is good voltage to the starter, lights and gauges come on, but won’t crank over. Checked all fuses, swapped starter relay with accessories relay, still no go. Any ideas?? I even put in old battery and still no go. There is one code and it reads emu2000.09 and I can’t find anything on the web for it.

Replies17
  1. #1mg23612019-08-10 12:19

    Welcome to HEF Peter ! Is the code active or stored? EMU 2009.09 is "No ECU Data on CAN Bus". Serial number of the machine would help also. Park brake switch is on when trying to crank? ECU fuses good (F3 and F15)?

  2. #2Peterjokinen2019-08-10 12:28

    Code is active and it says 2000.09. Parking brake switch is set to on, every fuse is good. SN- 1T0319DJJCG235530

  3. #3Peterjokinen2019-08-10 12:50

    Code is 2000.09, not 2009. All fuses are good, parking switch was engaged. SN is above☝️

  4. #4Peterjokinen2019-08-10 13:43

    Update- I’m a contractor, not a mechanic, lol. Here’s where I’m at- tested starter by jumping selenoid and starter cranks fine. I’m not getting any power through to the small wire on selenoid when turning the key. All fuses are good, I’ve swapped the relays, and no wires appear to be cut. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

  5. #5skata2019-08-10 14:42

    I've seen canbus errors caused by corrosion in connectors. Did you disturb any?

  6. #6Peterjokinen2019-08-10 14:52

    Not that I know of. I think I have the problem chased to the key switch itself, does anyone know how to test them? Thanks so far for the replies guys!

  7. #7skata2019-08-10 15:27

    You have a volt meter? Check terminals of key switch.

  8. #8Peterjokinen2019-08-10 16:43

    Thanks, I did that after some investigation. Seems like the switch is working as it should, and with everything else I’ve checked, I’m thinking it must be a broken wire somewhere. Time to call in a professional, it’s beer 30 for me

  9. #9mg23612019-08-10 17:06

    If you have an active 2009.09 code then your machine won't crank. The ECU supplies the ground to the K1 start relay. If there is an active code for "NO ECU CAN Bus Data" that means you either have a problem with the CAN network (that is what the computers use to talk to each other) or you have an ECU that is dead, meaning it does not have power, ground (why I had you check fuses) or the ECU failed (not likely in my opinion). Check at the starter, where it mounts to the flywheel housing, there are ground wires attached there. Make sure the G31 black wire (that is the ground for the ECU) is attached there. It might be easier to check that with the cab raised.

  10. #10Peterjokinen2019-08-10 17:10

    I’ll check grounds. It is a 2000.09 code, not 2009.09. Or are they the same?

  11. #11Peterjokinen2019-08-10 20:43

    I dug a little deeper, checking with the volt meter, my number 3 fuse socket does not have power to it. All other fuse sockets are hot. It is a 20 amp ecu unswitched power.

  12. #12skata2019-08-10 21:07

    Did you forget to reconnect maybe a secondary power wire at the battery?

  13. #13Peterjokinen2019-08-10 21:17

    Ha! No, a wire was broke in the harness. Fml, lol.

  14. #14ianjoub2019-08-11 08:04

    That would have been my first suggestion as well, go back to the last thing worked on. Glad you found the problem at any rate!

  15. #15mg23612019-08-12 04:36

    Typo error on my part . Glad you found the problem.

  16. #16Asepter342026-04-10 10:46

    Do u remember where your break in the wire was? Im having the same issue.

  17. #17mg23612026-04-11 06:32

    Welcome to HEF Asepter34 ! Serial number of the machine? Did you check your F3 20A fuse? If the fuse is good, next to/near the starter is a single pin connector that is connected to the main battery wire of the starter. Check that connection real good. Seen many issues with that one.