Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 319E – how’s the hydraulic lockout work mechanically?

Cerino2000 · 2024-05-12 22:17

Working on a friends 319E. Not sure of the year but uses joysticks for track motion and foot controls to raise and curl the bucket. He calls me and says the bucket won’t do anything. Checked voltage at the lockout solenoid and when you’d first fire it up you first get 12v for about one second. We gave it twelve volts and the hydraulics would work. Only tried the up and down. After we shut the machine off and fired it back up, they worked fine on their own but then we realized that the up and down was fine, but the curl was not. They stayed locked out. Is there a separate lockout for the curl? Best I can tell, the solenoid goes over a metal shaft that goes into the valve assembly and when energized, it must magnetize that shaft which I assume pulls a pin or something thus allowing the hydraulics to work. I’m thinking the machine had a temporary problem. It did have three codes. I put the machine in service mode by holding the menu button to try to clear them but as soon as you hit select on clear codes it doesn’t clear anything. The same three codes are still there as if you didn’t clear anything. Maybe there’s a trick to clearing them? The codes are 1508.03, 523941.05 and 523219.06.The last two are stored codes, the first is active. None of them cleared. Is there more than one lockout for that valve assembly? How do you clear the codes? I want to see if they come back on subsequent startups.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612024-05-13 05:12

    Welcome to HEF Cerino ! Please supply a complete machine serial number. That is needed to gather accurate information. There are 4 different variations for that model. After you pressed select on the clear code screen, did a pop up come up saying "codes cleared"? Then when going back to active and stored the above codes were still there? Did you try to cycle the ignition after selecting clear?

  2. #2Cerino20002024-05-13 09:32

    Yes that’s exactly what happened. Said codes cleared but all still there. I’ll see if I can get back over there for serial number. Yes, cycled ignition.

  3. #3Cerino20002024-05-13 13:08

    Here’s the serial number: 1T0319EACFJ279138

  4. #4mg23612024-05-14 05:30

    The active 1508 code will not affect the lockouts. We won't worry about the stored codes. I'll send you some information on the hydraulic enable circuit. Check your messages.

  5. #5Cerino20002024-05-14 13:28

    Thank you so much! I’ll have a look!

  6. #6Cerino20002024-05-15 12:32

    Amazing what a picture can do for your perception. Thank you again. Bucket spool lock solenoid was bad. All good now!