Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 344E F-N-R solenoid coil

excavator ยท 2021-05-12 22:40

I have a friend who is looking for a coil for the F-N-R solenoid valve on a 344E Deere wheel loader. The valve was made by Daikin and the coil is no longer available from either source. The Deere part number is 4425070, the old number was an AT177719. A complete valve part number is an AT187501, old number was an AT121622. Wondering if anyone might have one lying around or know of a replacement that would work. Daikin used the coils with the 2 prongs instead of external wires so it's a bit of an oddball. He also said that it looked like the cab needed to be removed to change the entire valve so he's really hoping to find a coil. Thank you.

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2021-05-12 23:35

    Any identifiers on the coil? Similar to this

  2. #2mg23612021-05-13 05:29

    This part number is still available from Deere.

  3. #3excavator2021-05-13 11:21

    Thank you. Yes, apparently it is but it's the entire valve, not just the coil and it's just over $1000.00. So I guess I'm looking for the AT177719 part number. I just talked to the dealer and they said very limited parts available for the transmission on these loaders.

  4. #4excavator2021-05-13 11:23

    I've not seen the actual valve but I don't think this type of coil would work.

  5. #5heymccall2021-05-13 13:59

    Let's go easy. The coil may have numbers on it (manufacturer, wattage, part number, etc). Even if not, a picture and all of the dimensions should yield enough info to obtain a suitable replacement. As for wires vs terminals, almost every coil is available in different configurations, DIN, Deutsche, wire, metripak, etc...

  6. #6excavator2021-05-13 16:16

    They decided to order a complete valve since they didn't have a lot of time to mess with it. So thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.