Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 350G bucket curl

muddy fingers · 2025-09-16 17:08

have a Deere 350g serial 1FF350GXKCE808564 the bucket wont uncurl more then about 1/4 way it feels solid can put boom down and drag the bucket but it will not curl back around it curls up fine and all other functions work, took the valve spool out it appears fine any ideas throw them at me thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-09-16 22:38

    Will the cylinder rod retract all the way when unpinned from the bucket linkage ?

  2. #2muddy fingers2025-09-17 07:08

    I didn't try that but I don't think the linkage is the problem, sometimes if you go to uncurl the bucket it will uncurl so far then wham shut without changing joystick ,other times if you go on the joystick to much it will stop like lockup if you just ease on it it goes about 1/4 way closing seems to work like it should

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-09-17 07:50

    Sounds like your bolt is broken on the ram and is floating around.

  4. #4muddy fingers2025-09-17 21:41

    So I unpinned it and the rod came sliding out so I'm on the hunt for new rod

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-09-17 22:18

    Did the rod break or did the nut fall off ?

  6. #6muddy fingers2025-09-18 07:15

    it broke, half of it was real smooth like it was working at it for awhile

  7. #7ldequip2025-09-18 07:24

    Have had good success with Leemar Excavator Components from Parksville BC Canada in the past altho that is likely to be a whole aftermarket cylinder. but not sure exactly where you are located as that would be a real factor

  8. #8muddy fingers2025-09-18 07:40

    It looks like my best option is a whole cylinder, is a used one a good option or is it already cracked, I don't know what I did to bust this one I'm in Missouri

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-09-18 07:59

    You’re more than likely going to need a whole cylinder if the rod was busted and moving around in the bore. You should be able to buy a used cylinder that at most, should only need a hone and seal kit.

  10. #10ldequip2025-09-18 08:22

    You might be ok with a used cylinder. however Bucket cylinders tend to be abused fairly often and unless buying from a very reliable source you could get a bad one. that said if it is a farm and ranch machine and not a production unit you might be worth trying to save $$ and buy a used one. and yes a new cylinder is likely needed as other parts are likely damaged/stressed by the broken rod. do you have any pics of the break? are you using a thumb?