CAT 336 EC Serial # CAT0336ECRZA00244 I know some of y'all have addressed this subject earlier in a different thread by Justin98, but I am trying to assist him with this. I went out personally and ran the machine to see first hand what was happening. The machine has a swing accumulator system malfunction code. However this code has been present for quite a while with no effect on the operation of the machine. No other codes are present. When the machine is being operated and you engage travel slightly occasionally the stick on the boom will stop functioning; The warning light will come on. As soon as you turn loose of all controls, it will go back to functioning and the codes clear. The code is 439-5 and 438-5 are the codes that pop up. We have checked connections and wire rubs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I think the attached might help. Does he have an electrical schematic.? He's probably going to need one. The problem that is likely to raise its head while attempting to troubleshoot is that the Code needs to be Active for the procedure to work as written.
I made it out to the machine today and ran it for about an hour. I was never able to duplicate the issue; However I did find some issues that the operator did not disclose. While sitting on the machine with the drive motors to the rear. - Left track will not back up at low idle and weak going forward. While traveling and booming down the track works. While traveling and booming up the track stops. While traveling it stops when engaging stick out or in. - Right track will not travel forward or backward while moving the stick in or out. Will not travel backwards while raising the boom up. But will travel when lowering the boom. I hope this may add some insight into the issues we are having. Any advice would be appreciated.