Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 350G excavator

John Sarappa · 2024-01-02 19:16

Happy New year to everyone. I am looking a purchasing a 350 Deere excavator that a local Ca dealer has for sale. They took it in on trade. I am wondering if anyone has the ability to run the vin # to tell me the service history of it. Thanks

Replies24
  1. #1mg23612024-01-03 04:55

    Only the servicing dealer can tell you the non-warranty service history, if any non-warranty repair work was performed at the dealer. The only thing the rest of us dealer guys can look up is the history of warranty claims. With that being said, under warranty, it has had the surge tank replaced, the fan switch replaced, air intake piping replaced (this was a PIP), and it has had the ECU replaced.

  2. #2John Sarappa2024-01-03 08:17

    Thanks

  3. #3John Sarappa2024-01-04 10:30

    Can you run this one for me please? I know you don’t have a crystal ball, but assuming these machines were serviced regularly, is 8000 hours a lot for these motors? I know it’s nothing for an old Cat.

  4. #4John Sarappa2024-01-04 11:39

    I just watched a video and read a bunch of posts about the 9.0 powertech engine having lots of problems in Ag tractors. All mention cylinder liners not protruding out of the block far enough creating head gasket sealing problems.

  5. #5mg23612024-01-04 12:19

    Air Cleaner piping PIP, Seat Air Bag and a right side window repair. We have not seen any liner issues with the 9 liter in the excavator, at least not here at our branch. As for longevity, It should last quite a while, if, obviously, it was maintained properly over it's life. Of course, that is the $1000 question.

  6. #6John Sarappa2024-01-04 13:21

    Thanks

  7. #7John Sarappa2024-01-26 19:27

    I went through the diagnostic screen and found this code what is it for?

  8. #8mg23612024-01-27 04:52

    647.16 is the Reversing Fan Switch Stuck. Or the switch is held too long when manually reversing the fan to clean the cooling package.

  9. #9John Sarappa2024-01-27 09:11

    I have to buy this machine as is or not buy it. When I was running it at the dealer the fan would roar intermittently. What do you think the worst case scenario is for this? Is it a temperature controlled switch or a manual switch? Thanks for your responses.

  10. #10mg23612024-01-28 05:16

    If it runs backwards when it screams, then it is the reversing switch. If it is running in normal rotation when it screams, then it is most likely a temperature sensor issue.

  11. #11John Sarappa2024-01-28 09:12

    Do you know the part numbers for the switch and sensor?

  12. #12mg23612024-01-29 05:41

    As far as the sensor, there are multiple temperature sensors that can control the fan speed. I would think if the issue were a temp sensor, there would be a code of some sorts related to that sensor, unless the sensor is having an in range failure. Since there is a switch code, I would lean towards that. The switch part number is 4654150.

  13. #13John Sarappa2024-01-29 08:46

    Thank you!

  14. #14John Sarappa2024-01-29 13:26

    I found another one that looks to be in better shape, can you please look this one up for me?

  15. #15John Sarappa2024-01-29 16:23

    These are the codes on this machine,the dealer claims these are old and not activ, do you agree? He says the lack of a check engine light on the main screen confirms this?

  16. #16John Sarappa2024-01-29 16:24

    Forgot to attach!

  17. #17mg23612024-01-30 05:04

    Found nothing. The only way to know if they are active or stored is to clear them. If they clear, they are stored, if not, then they are active. The only other way to know is to plug in with diagnostic software. The two that I would want to make sure that they clear are the 1347.05 (SCV has high resistance) and the 636.10 (Cam position rate of change abnormal). Both of those would be the reason for 1569.31 (engine derated).

  18. #18John Sarappa2024-01-30 06:44

    ok thanks

  19. #19John Sarappa2024-01-30 06:55

    I guess I should stay away from this one.

  20. #20John Sarappa2024-02-06 10:02

    So,they cleared the codes and I went and looked at the machine. Codes were still gone when I ran the machine. One thing I noticed is that the auto idle doesn’t wor. Not a big deal but maybe can be fixed cheaply? The other thing is the regen symbol with a slash through it is on in the pictures. I forgot to look into that when I was up there, what’s does it mean? Thanks

  21. #21Shimmy12024-02-06 10:21

    That screen is showing the 1531.69 which is a derate.

  22. #22John Sarappa2024-02-06 10:41

    Those codes are cleared, I am asking about the icon circled in blue at the top.

  23. #23mg23612024-02-06 12:02

    That icon means the exhaust filter auto clean is disabled. The only way for that to be off would have involved input from someone to turn it off. You should be able to go into the monitor to settings then to auto exhaust filter cleaning. There should be a box that can be changed to turn it on using the dial.

  24. #24John Sarappa2024-02-06 12:11

    Ok thanks