New to me 2,000 hour deere 35d that is giving oil pressure alarm. Had ran great for the past year, but upon cold startup this weekend it now give an intermittent oil pressure alarm. Even if I unplug the sensor the light will flicker and now just stays on constantly. Ordered a oil pressure test kit and generic oil pressure sensor that will be here next week. Oil sensor test out at 2.0 ohms, what is factory spec? Motor runs good, oil looks good. The display is faded so I cannot read the gauges. Going to order that part today...ouch... Any helpful advice? Search did not turn up anything. Also where can I download the shop manual for this machine? Thanks!!
Welcome to HEF Deere35D ! The engine oil pressure switch is either open or closed. With oil pressure it should be open. When oil pressure is lost, it closes, giving a ground signal to the monitor telling it the engine has no oil pressure. A short to ground in the wiring will do the same.
Thank you sir. I'll test that wire. New oil sensor showed up today in the mail. Going to see how it ohms as well before I throw it on the machine.
Oil pressure test kit showing up tonight. If I get time I'll spend a few minutes on the old girl and report back.