Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar vio35-6a rubber track size

John V · 2024-12-08 22:13

Can anyone confirm the rubber track size for a vio35-6a? Serial number is 61016. The parts manual only gives a part number 172b03-38600. The track on the machine also only has that number. When I google vio35-6a rubber tracks, some places are saying 300x55x84 and others say 300x52.5x88. Never experienced inconclusiveness with track size for a machine.

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632024-12-09 07:53

    It should be molded into the rubber of your old track

  2. #2John V2024-12-09 18:59

    Currently has 300x55.5x82, which is what a vio35-5 calls for. I guess the lesson to learn is it doesn't really need to be exact.

  3. #3KenMac2024-12-09 21:19

    I would think a call to the dealer is needed here to confirm what should be on it.

  4. #4Canuck Digger2024-12-10 00:04

    Dealer s.b. able to figure it out based on PIN. I do believe 2012 was the last year of the 5 series along with the pastel color cab. The tracks on those machines were off set. The sprocket was not centered on the tracks. That made them the narrowest 3.5 ton machine on the market at 5'1". I believe 2013 was the 1st year of the black cab/start of the -6 series. I believe they went to a "centered" track in that series, making the machine wider as a result. I bought the -5 series as they work awesome for working off city side walks. Most reliable machine I've ever owned....

  5. #5John V2024-12-10 02:07

    Yeah these are offset tracks on it right now, definitely meant for a -5. Whoever owned it previously probably just had those tracks laying around and put it on it. Oem calls for 300x55x84 for the -6. Most websites, as well as a large rental company in my area (h&e) sells 300x52.5x88, and said that’s what they put on their rental vio35-6a’s and don’t have a problem.

  6. #6KenMac2024-12-10 19:11

    I just bought KTSU tracks for my Takeuchi TB260 a few weeks ago from Tractor & Equipment in Birmingham, Al. They were cheaper than anyone else and had them in stock. If there's one near you it would be a good call to checl]k them out. I'm sure you could order from out of town locations as well.

  7. #7John V2024-12-18 00:17

    found a killer deal on some nearly new camso tracks, 300x52.5x88. They fit great. The tracks are now the exact same width as the blade. With the old offset tracks on it, the track footprint was 4in narrower.

  8. #8jbernielh2024-12-18 20:11

    I'm a big fan of camso tracks.. camso is owned by michelin now.. these are the camso heavy duty tracks on my cat 304C CR.. left is 2200 hrs on fractured rock and dirt and mud.. the carcasses are still in great shape just the nubs were pretty much gone plus lots of slices from the fractured rock.. right is a brand new track of the same model that I just installed