Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 35G Aux hydraulic hose quick disconnect help needed.

Island-digger ยท 2022-01-02 21:59

I have a JD 35G with a thumb and the aux hydraulics for the thumb/hammer have quick disconnect fittings. I was able to disconnect the fittings fairly easily but I was not able to reconnect them by hand. Anyone know how to do it? I read that you should turn the key part way on and wiggle the control handles to release pressure in the lines. I tried that but there was no response from the machine. No pressure relief. I read in the operator's manual that I might need to turn the hydraulic flow switch to "hammer" mode and then do the connect and disconnect. I haven't tried that yet. Any help is appreciated.

Replies17
  1. #1skyking12022-01-02 22:04

    As mentioned in another thread, you can crack a hose fitting if needed to relieve pressure. Think about the loading on things first. If you do have it on hammer the thumb will just fall down. I have to crack a fitting on my hoe pack on my 35g now and again. If I know I don't need the thumb I leave the selector valves on the stick in the aux position. That seems to help when going back and forth when backfilling.

  2. #2Island-digger2022-01-02 22:35

    Thank you Skyking. I'm still learning my machine. Hopefully I can find a methodology that is not too cumbersome.

  3. #3mg23612022-01-03 05:27

    I would suggest changing your quick couplers on the machine and the attachment to "connect under pressure" couplers from Stucci. That is what we do.

  4. #4Island-digger2022-01-03 11:21

    This is enlightening. I didn't know there were such couplers. Thank you for this suggestion. I will check them out.

  5. #5Island-digger2022-02-03 15:23

    I actually figured out the solution. The procedure to connect and disconnect the auxiliary circuit for JD 35G is as follows: Set auxiliary line selector to "Breaker Mode". Disconnect left line Disconnect right line Change attachment Connect right line Connect left line Set auxiliary line selector to mode you need (Bucket or Breaker) It works like a champ. I have changed the lines between a breaker and bucket several times and had no trouble disconnecting and reconnecting the quick couplers of the hoses by hand.

  6. #6mg23612022-02-04 05:02

    Yes, that is what Deere says to do, and that does work. We set up all new machines with the Stucci's because many of our customers have multiple operators and to try to get everyone on the same page with procedures is impossible at best. So we minimize the calls by installing those couplers.

  7. #7uffex2022-02-04 05:29

    Good day Often the point that get missed is that the key needs to be on - engine stopped - and control lock out in the operative positio n - this will allow pilot pressure from the accumulator when you active the option spool. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8kolot2022-04-19 21:00

    I have the same issue with my CAT 303 and it has no acumulator. the key on prodedure seems to have no effect.

  9. #9uffex2022-04-20 03:50

    Good day Kolot I only have a hydraulic schematic for 304 but it certainly illustrates a accumulator. If you can describe how your option line are controlled try to help some more. May be an idea to appeal to Nige for a schematic's if you provide him with the serial no. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10uffex2022-04-20 12:01

    Good day Kolot Not sure if your machine is the same as the attached, however if you sit in the seat raise the boom > kill the engine then turn the key on, if you can lower the boom for sure you have an accumulator on board. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11uptight excavating2022-04-20 21:47
  12. #12uptight excavating2022-04-20 21:49

    Remember that your accumulator must be holding a charge in order for this to happen.

  13. #13kolot2022-04-21 19:29

    no accumulator on my 303, I have had that thing completely stripped down, motor apart, cab, house and platform off. Unless somehow in all that I missed it, but 95% sure no accumulator. its a 2005.

  14. #14kolot2022-04-21 19:31

    that appears to be the newer version 303 , and by the way much easier to work on, that control valve is under the side cover and accessible, mine is under the floor boards and hard to get at. Funny part is the service repair manual does speak of the accumulator but the manual is generic covering several years of the model.

  15. #15uffex2022-04-22 04:02

    Good day Kolot A hydraulic schematic would tell all as long as it was applicable to your machine, we could make a simple manual release of residual pressure if that would help. Keep smiling Uffex

  16. #16Nige2022-04-22 13:24

    Got a Serial Number.? It makes searching for the info a lot easier.

  17. #17uffex2022-04-23 04:22

    Good day Attached may help originally overlooked by me. Kind regards Uffex